How Can I Make My WorldEditor Faster

Shlomi

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I Need Help, I making a new map with some new races and when i go into Objects Editor and creating a new custom unit is it taking 45 - 60 seconds to wait.

my computer is very strong i have:

Intal Pentium D 2.8GHz
768MB RAM

and even when i want to change topic to the units is taking 45 - 60 seconds.

and the point is i have another PC really weak and old he have:

Intal Pentium 3 700Ghz
384MB SD RAM

And he was worked really fast i needed to wait 2 -5 Seconds till he create unit or change some topics..

and after my little brother do some bad thing in the PC i have to format the PC and install a new Windows and after i did the WorldEditor Come Back to be slow....

so my question is how can i make the Worldetitor Faster???
Sorry is it that long please help me....

Dois

Reaction score
wow thanks for asking that question cuz now i can make my W.E. faster as well... thanks guys

Edit: wow... just went to do it... the units copy in 0.5s now... feels so nice

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Which number do I need to set to 100?? Under the main editor window "File-Preferences" and then that number that is on 255 normally? (sorry, although I'm not having troubles with English I seems like I can't find it. And... I would love to reduce the time it takes to copy/edit stuff in the we (takes up to 30-40 seconds for some units right now).

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> Under the main editor window "File-Preferences" and then that number that is on 255 normally?
It's 256 for me right now, located on the very top of the General tab.

> I would love to reduce the time it takes to copy/edit stuff in the we
If you already applied the already stated Brush List fix then it's probably already as fast as possible.

T

Tubba

That's strange... I run it on a mac (Pretty powerful though), and even without brush list unchecked, it never took more than about 10 seconds...

Dois

Reaction score
Which number do I need to set to 100?? Under the main editor window "File-Preferences" and then that number that is on 255 normally? (sorry, although I'm not having troubles with English I seems like I can't find it. And... I would love to reduce the time it takes to copy/edit stuff in the we (takes up to 30-40 seconds for some units right now).

yes thats the thing. its the amount of "Undos" you can do.

Set it to less than 100. I've set mine to 80 and I have that "brush list" unchecked as well.

That longest wait ive seen so far (since ive did the tweak) is like 0.5 seconds (barely any lag!) so its helped A LOT! used to be like 10+ seconds

im running on a core2 quad 2.4 @ 2.7 w/ 2+gb DDRRAM (800MHz) and i think the rest are unimportant... 7200RPM HDD

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
But I got to say that my map I'm working on is quite hugh and there are about 250-300 self made objects, which are involved in triggers as well. And I think the more objects you make the slower it gets.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
That's strange... I run it on a mac (Pretty powerful though), and even without brush list unchecked, it never took more than about 10 seconds...

You sure? I don't find anything special about mac when it comes to the "World Editor".

Randor244

Reaction score
I really need help with this too...

I've unchecked the brush list, set the undo limit to beyond 100 and still it takes maybe not 40-60 but well 20-30 seconds to create a new unit, change names etc...

I'm running a computer with 2.8ghz, 3gb ram, and so on...

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
strange.... i have a not very different pc but for me creating unit lasts only 0.5 seconds, but i have turned off the minimap,too...

Z

Zekareisouji

Additionally, turning off the unit pallette will also help.

H

HamsterBoo

you might want to try monitering your processes with Task Manager and see whats taking up so much time.

Dois

Reaction score
I really need help with this too...

I've unchecked the brush list, set the undo limit to beyond 100 and still it takes maybe not 40-60 but well 20-30 seconds to create a new unit, change names etc...

I'm running a computer with 2.8ghz, 3gb ram, and so on...

less than 100 not more

incase your beyond = more than 100

G

gmyoko

Hm I use an Intel Mac 2 GHz, 1 GB 667 MHz, and it takes 25 seconds to open after clicking it. I've unchecked the Brush List and also lowered the Undo Limit to 60. About 11 seconds in it shows the Blizzard Liscensing Pop-up for about 6 seconds then loads a new map. Any thoughts how to speed it up?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.