How did my HDD unpartitioned itself?

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
AVG is usually automatically set up to do periodic scans which would run without any interaction from you.

Also, that folder you said about sounds a bit suspicious. What is actually in it?

Well, I disabled AVG's auto scan in the background. I like to have control over my scans. So I doubt it's that. Unless it somehow re-enabled itself which I find quite impossible unless by human intervention or a virus/malware. Also, if I tried to stop it or pause it atleast, it won't let me, or does nothing.

About that folder, it just has some sav#(and then some random number after that), and log files. I've done a google search on this and all that came up is that it could be related to windows update (which I don't use), Auslogics Registry Defragmentor(thus the letters RD in the folder name) and just left over unistallation information (which could be it...)

@ertaboy356b: so you think it's a linux bug?

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score

Yep, I've been monitoring that folder for some time. That folder is definetely the result of Auslogics Registry Defragger (ARD). In the past, something like this has never happenned before. So something must of made ARD to do this. But what, is the question...

Also, why is the shotcuts for WinRAR and AVG PC Tuneup 2011 always deleted, know why? Could this be related to this?

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score

Errm, has this gone out of hands or are you guys, just plain busy with other stuff?

Should a fresh reinstallation of windows fix this?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.