How do i display the attack speed of a unit in game

Evote

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to display the attack speed of a selected unit.(cool1,attack cooldown)
are there anyways.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
There is a way. Use a variable assign a number to it for example.

Grunt

Variable (interger) = 1.2 //for his attack speed 'regular'

If the grunt is bloodlust then do

set Variable (interger) 1.2*.4 if its 40% attack speed bonus.

or any other stuff that adds attackspeed like item,spells,ect.

T

toast

If the speed of a unit doesn't change, there are a multitude of ways to (manually) display it, such as floating text or tooltips. Even if it changes, if it changes in a predictable manner (i.e. without the erratic human element of picking and choosing speed-changing items) such as only with leveling, you could easily keep track of the number in a variable. As for any JASS method (presumably to be able to get the speed at any given time), I won't go there (I don't know enough of it :p).

How do you want to do it?

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
All I can think of is force the unit to attack twice and record the time in-between the attacks.

Z

Zell

I'm not sure about this but, here goes. Go to the unit's info in the Unit Editor, and set values to raw data (in one of the menus). Go to the line with the value you want (cool1 for example) and Note the ID of it. Then, similar to ability descriptions, write that in a Game - Auto-Timed Message with "<Unit> has an attack speed of <Cool1's ID>."

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
You cannot do that. One way would be create the unit for a computer player, order it to attack a taget, take time and display it. Worth it? :rolleyes:

HTH,

Mr. Zero

Z

Zell

Well, it's a hero you're making, so take some time and figure out the unit's attack speed as a function of its agility, IAS, level, etc and just put that in the message.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Terribly hard, because you will need many things...

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44516

Too much to handle to do that. (all attack speed modifiers, all abilities attack speed modifiers, all items attack speed modifier, all units base attack speed, and blablabla, you can't detect the level of a aura with trigger (only 0 for not applied and 1 for applied), so Endurance Aura will mess up the trigger..)

D

Dreyfuss

Actually you can find the level of an aura, just do a search for a hero with that particular aura within a region centered on the character you're calculating the speed of and check the level of his/her aura skill.

Evote

Reaction score
I'm bring this thread back to life because i haven't got an answer yet lol i still waiting.
i Need a answer For some calculations on a auto balancing program
:D
Need speed shown in game.

Thanks in advance

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.