How do i make a guy build a tree

SanKakU

Reaction score
well...usually people just place the tree where they need it(with a trigger i mean...). an alternative would be to build a normal building and when it's finished replace it with a tree(by removing the building and then placing the tree like the first idea). i like that option less. but that's the only two things i could think of. i don't know how to build a tree.

of course what you could do is now that i think about it...it wouldn't work good...but if you don't care if the variation of a tree is the same all the time...then you might be able to make a building have the model of the tree and then build it. big problem with that idea is that it's going to be a unit/structure, and not a tree... THIS OPTION I DEFINITELY DON'T RECOMMEND...

anyway, i think you have to use the CreateDestructible( function... for those first two ideas. the first one might use the event of a unit starts the effect of an ability...and the second one might be a building finishes construciton...

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
copy a building, any building and give it the model file of a tree, any tree you wish
then give that edited building to your peon
now you can build a tree, and it'll be catergorized as a structure

if you don't want it to be a structure, then use a trigger
event
a unit finishes construction
condition
finished building equal to tree
action
set point = position of building....
remove tree form the game
create 1 destrutible summer tree at point...
by doing this, it'll go back to destrucbile!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.