How do I open multiple maps with WC3 Editor?

Taishaku

Reaction score
So I hear that a corrupted object in one of my maps might be the cause of the desynchronization that occurs sporadically in my games. (IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?)

So apparently I am going to redo my entire map again from the ground up. But to facilitate this, I need to open multiple maps to compare the information.

Can anyone provide me a means to do this? A third-party program, perhaps? Some neat trick I never figured out?

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Multiple windoes account would make you log in and out like insane. But it would work if you are trying to copy a template spell or something. But for one user, stick with one WE. Or if you really want (Windows Button + L) would automatically bring you to the list of users..

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
That is impossible. Well, as much as I wanted something like that to easily import spells, you just cant. You will have to be extremely patient lolz. Good luck.

Zaraf

Reaction score
Yes, but I would check with a more experienced map maker. To say that your map is completely unfixable seems kinda hard to believe. Depending on how far into the map you got, you might want to try and fix it, or just restart it.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
If it is a matter of comparisons, you can always just take screenshots of the triggers/terrain/object editor fields if worse comes to worse.

If you want to compare them easily in one map, you can open the trigger/object editor and go to File -> Export Trigger Data/Object Editor Data (or whatever it says).

Then you can go to the new map and just import it from the respective editor.

Taishaku

Reaction score
@Zaraf
Does this imply that I myself am not an experienced mapmaker? Oo"

I've shown it to plenty of people. I have not been able to figure it out, others have not been able to figure it out.

How far I got? I went through 8 versions of balancing already.

@PurgeandFire and Scary Nachos
Yeah um, somebody suggested the reason why my map desynchronizes once and awhile was that I copied the trigger list and objects of a Wintermaul map (I didn't want to sort through all the spawns and guess which ones came when). I deleted everything but the spawn list and edited the spawns to balance them to the towers I was making from scratch.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I do not know the reason, but those pokemaul wintermaul warcraft maul maps go crazy every time you play them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.