How do you delete everything in a newly-created map?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
All the units, from Humans to Night Elves, gone, disappeared, vanished, etc. from a newly-created map.

Usually, a new map has all those units loaded and be ready to use as a melee map, but I want to delete every unit in the Object Editor.

I want to have a very clean map whenever I start up the WE.

Thanks in advance.

zoll3

Reaction score
If its the blizzard standard units u wanna delete all of .. then yeah as tom jones said .. it is kinda impossible ...

If u mean all the custom units thats made .. then yeah .. you just right click on the folder and then delete :p

Tonks

Reaction score
Well.. Not impossible. You can delete every file pertaining to the units in the MPQ's, but that's slow and ineffective, and it would only remove the data - the "unkown A000" or something of the sort would still be there.

Azedenkae

Reaction score
Yeah, and why would you want to anyways?

I mean, isn't it better to have those models as something to model on and such?

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Just a tip; you should never remove them, even if you could/can. They take like 0.0000001 KB! space! ;) Just the bother of removing them is like, really wasting your life! :banghead:

They might be handy, since you can copy paste those you want to "use", so all units you are using, will be in "custom units". Thats what I do to get a somehow good system,well organized... Like all heroes in Custom Human Heroes, all buildings in Human Buildings (if only 1 "race", like sheep tag, it got 1 "race"....)

Actually a 64x64 empty map, takes 15-20 kb! :pl0l0l
Cheerio ;)

Tonks

Reaction score
Just a tip; you should never remove them, even if you could/can. They take like 0.0000001 KB! space! ;)

Actually, they take up absolutely no space in your map. They are only paths to the War3.mpq and War3x.mpq that reference the data and models, which everyone already has, so you don't need them in your map.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Actually, they take up absolutely no space in your map. They are only paths to the War3.mpq and War3x.mpq that reference the data and models, which everyone already has, so you don't need them in your map.
Y they are pointers...

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
You may have noticed that whenever you edit some line in the Object Editor it turns pink?

Well, those lines, and only those, are saved as part of your map.
Anything that remains the default black takes no space at all. Obviously, everybody already has it...

This applies to both edited default units and custom units. (Or custom abilities / upgrades / doodads / ...)

Removing the already existing stuff is 1. impossible, and 2. completely pointless.

G

Gilaris

If you mean that you want world editor to open up quicker, then go:
File>Preferences>General Tab> then untick 'Create a new map on Startup'

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
u mean all the custom units is gone or the blizzard standard units too ?

Yes! Everything. I want to start a brand new map from 0 KB to at least 1 byte.

After I read everyone's posts, I felt the only way to do this is by clicking on each item in the object editor, then press delete for each of them, about a total of 466 times!!:mad:

Why not take this idea in the first place...?:(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.