How do you think the world will end?

pkraktis

Reaction score
Post all your ideas of how the world will end, or if you think so, how it will never end. Some examples are Armageddon and World War III.

I'll start.

The earth has magentic fields on the north and south poles. Every 1000 or so years they switch positivity and negativity. Like all magnets, these are slowly losing their magnetivity. When this runs out (soon, I think), the world will end.

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
I've always like the T.S Elliot imagery in The Hollow Men
Particularly the most recognized part of the poem

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.
~T.S. Elliot

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
1:-:meteor
2:-:some idiot president will nuke everyone and die

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
I have a strong feeling about some keen mapper creating the perfect blue prints to weapon of mass uslessness on a childs game and throughout the years growing with his developements. As time passes by, the game will soon turn to reality where the weapon will actually be made in real life much like an action figure of batman, but not an action figure nor batman. It will be far greater.... In aproximately 20 years the world will be in a presence it has never been in before... The 1km thick layer of mashed potatoes and pancakes covering the entire surface of earth (assuming mashed taters and pancakes float) will suffocate everything on it and we will either die out or slowly evolve into fungus'es (screw fungie or fungy) to survive the perils of pancakes tater shmuck. As there will be so much fungus'es the planet will becoem to bud creating another planet in the shape of the fathering head... no longer being known as Earth, but as "Alfred-Hawkins" named after the creator....

Of course the keen mapper is me. Who else would create such a cunning plan?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
It's really simple.

Some day, a scoutship of some alien race will pass nearby, notice us
and go "Oh my Goodness, let's relieve them of their misery"...

The rest, as they will say, was history.

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
yea, cause the aliens need a new bypass highway LOL
the ships hung in the air exactly the way bricks don't

zyzfcs

Reaction score
useup\ all renewable resource.....
no enough female/male :banghead:
globle warming
"911 attack"
pollution
starvation
virus
chemcail warfare
people eat too much fastfood
PC radiation
poverty
clone war
.................... :(

Sargon

Reaction score
A certain amount of jokerness, unfortunately, is to be expected.

Regarding the question, this planet will cease to exist when either we get blown up à la Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy (whta Jen said) or when the Sun gets old and starts to run low on hydrogen, which will cause it to swell up into a red giant and envelop the Earth.

Human civilization will probably kill itself in a war.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Human civilization will probably kill itself in a war.

Unlikely.
Global economy will collapse, leaving us all penny-less...

And, since noone ever heard of "help me and I'll help you and together we'll make a better world", we're going to die from lack of resources...

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well for my point of view :D

I think the Earth will end when the Sun dies out :rolleyes:

idk_a_name

ABC GUM :D
Reaction score
2 words global warming:

the polor ice caps are slowly melting over in the snowy region ( north south pole ) wich could cause to much water, there are masses of tornadoes everywhere wich will soon whipe out civilisation.

the atmostphere will slowly vanish while we polute more and more, if u look at the evning sky and think "gosh thats beautiful" well that pink sky is your eyes looking through all the polution in the air refleted with the sun.

or if the bid disease can somehow evolve to be spread from bird to human, then from human to human, with a 50% chance of dying with that diseise that could end the world.

serious enough for ya :D

Heko

Reaction score
I dont care about the future and if this world will end because us humans did it our selves why would we worry about stuff we do to our selves thats just stupid we caused this problem if we were never here on Earth just think about how peaceful the world would be. I dont care about if this world would end too as long as im alive right now and dead in a few years i wouldn't need to think about stuff like that

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Do you think that humans are goin to evolve or dies out since they evolved already

Ape => Human in 5,000,000 years Human => ????

R

red_rabit

w/e said:
1:-:meteor
2:-:some idiot president will nuke everyone and die
bush haha

i will rule the world and eat all the karots and you will all go blind and i will eat all pie thats is left then i strab a bomb to my chest and dive into a volcano and blow up the earth -the end :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nuts:

zyzfcs

Reaction score
Q: Is continued urbanization going to lead to the death of our planet, or will the innovations originating in cities save us from our exploitation of the Earth?

A: the innovations originating in cities will save us from our exploitation of the earth. "TIME!!!!"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.