How does raw data in spells work?

Extremedesyr

Reaction score
Hey, I am trying to convert a custom unit ability to a hero ability, but I'd really like to know to use raw data in the extended tooltip. redirecting me to a tutorial would be great too, but could someone explain how to display Damage, Duration and Range in the extended learn tooltip of the ability Firebolt (neutral hostile)? thanks in advantage

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
The extended tooltip is only to display to the player in game what it does, it does not do any damage or whatsoever. The real datas are somewhere in the spell, like for impale, they'll be range, for how long, the damage, whereas for mana shild itll be something like mana buffer per second or soething like that. Each skills have different datas. You might want to post which skill you want.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Damage: <ACfb,DataA1>
Range: <ACfb,Rng1>
Duration (Hero): <ACfb,HeroDur1>
Duration (Normal): <ACfb,Dur1>

The raw data works like this.
First it just uses the "<" to indicate that it's going to be using raw data to display a value.
Then the first 4 letters or numbers are that ID of the spell that has the data you want, in this case Firebolt's ID is ACfb.
Then a "," to seperate the values.
Then it comes to which value in the firebolt ability you want to display, in this case the damage(DataA1) range(Rng1) and duration(HeroDur1/Dur1)

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I rarely use raw data in tooltips. I simply change the data by hand. (For example: typing 15% instead of <rawdata, whatever>.)
However, it's quite simple. It takes an ability and a value, and returns an integer. I don't have WE with me so I can't give any good examples, but I'm sure you can work it out just by looking at it. :p

Extremedesyr

Reaction score
Thanks, and maybe I should indeed do some by hand since im going to use triggers to... ehm, trigger my spells\

cant give u more rep komaqtion, sorry ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.