Tutorial How to create a good map

R

Rotterdam_dj

Hey guys im new to these forums, but im not new to map making. The whole idea of making a map is to change your game play experience and allow a player to experience a new type of game.

In this tutorial i will be explaining how making a good map can be made.

Index

1.0-Setting units/buildings/foilage
2.0-Setting reigion/triggers

When setting units to a map you must make sure they dont out number you hero/team/s. There should be an equal ammount of high and low level monsters so you teams/hero can have a variety of enemys to kill. With units you may also want to change there loot drop or there item drop. I will explain that in a different tutorial.

When you place buildings to the map you must remember that the more crowded it is the less of a town it will look. Make sure all buildings are evenly gaped and have some npc's scattered around the place to make it look like a city scene (i recommend you use cityscape tileset when creating a town. Its either props that allow you good structures.) The Buildings are the most importaint things to the game.

Foilage is trees. They should fill in the gaps threw out the city to make it look more whole or full. They will help you have a more professional map. You could also place trees forcing players to move threw them as a path. Trees allow you to have a map that wont feel empty when playing.

When setting reigions you should remember to name them somthing easy like when setting up a waygate to teleport to and from you should name the 1st one waygate1 leave and the second one should be waygate1 receive. This will make it easyer to choose your waygates and not for you to get confused.

Triggers allow a player to set a reward gained every cirtain level or they can be used with a reigion. They give a player there starting resources and other things. They can create leader boards, multiboards, hero options, player options and manny more.

I hope this helps players understand a little bit about what the things do. I will release tutorials on how to create and setup each of these with photos soon.

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
I'm not really seeing the purpose of this tutorial, either...

M

Malygos

Nah, don't say that
Newbies can still use it, I'm sure u know there are still many newbies that don't know how to make a simple but good city

R

Rotterdam_dj

ok i know you may say bahahaha no purpose but it really does.

This will help noobs develop a map that will have an equal balance of the main things

Asehujiko

Reaction score
I'm not so sure of that. Telling people that trees=better map is not so beneficient for desert terrains.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.