How to install a 3D graphic card?

tommylee0923

Reaction score
My dad just bought a 3d graphic card, and it seems to be very useful, but we have no idea of installation:confused:.
It is so annoying that we have no idea but being fooled......:banghead:
It would be very nice if anyone here post a picture or a video or something.
But it is still okay if you just post texts (not recommended though)
And my PC is windows XP
Thanks.:)

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
First of all, if you want to do it yourself, then be sure about what you are doing. If you are unsure, then don't try it, and rather ask somebody else who knows how to do it.

If you open up your computer right now, you might notice a long, flat "card" in one of lower slots on the motherboard. If you look from the outside, this card is connected to a panel with the monitor plugs on it. Try to carefully remove this card (by unhinging the holders and disconnecting it from the power supply) and carefully insert you new graphics card, in the same place, position and orientation of the old one. Then, push the holders back in place, reconnect the power supply cable, and then wish you hadn't listened to me :p just joking.

But really, if you're not sure what to do, DON't Try anything. It's cheaper to ask a technician or friend to do it for you than to do it yourself, stuff it up, and then have to buy a new motherboard or something equally horrifying.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
It is not so difficult, just be gentle, remove card holders from side like told before trying to pull graphics card out. Hold graphics card from edges (little bit from corners is OK too). Be sure new graphics card suits your computer motherboard. Older motherboards use AGP slots, newest graphics cards use PCI-E slots. How to check it? This link gives good idea where graphic card could go: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080629122022AAkmEQj

I suggest to google "how to install graphics card tutorial": http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3118_7-5023982-1.html

tommylee0923

Reaction score
yeah, i heard about it before, they say it is very easy, but Im not sure if they are talking no sense......
thanks for the information, seem it will be a hard work......
O, by the way, my dad also bought a motherboard, so......
I kind of got another similiar question for you guys to solve.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and suggestions (such an old way to thanks)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.