Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i wont to make a race using the uprooted night elf buildings as units
this race is to have the most powerfull units in my map but hard to use
the thing is i dunno where to start

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'd start by making custom units in the Object Editor (you can do this by copying and pasting any unit), and then changing their model files to those of ancients, and giving them stats as you see fit. I wouldn't start with the buildings as a base. Copy a footman or something to start, then slow it down and make it more powerful, and change its model.

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i know how to do that im mainly after what buildings to use reasearch, spells and stuff

sorry should have put that in first post

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
do something a bit like protoss with pylons

if structures arent near a pylon, they will lose health or are disabled or something

and if you wanted to go further, make it that units will not regenerate unless they are near a pylon, or maybe lose health if they are not near a pylon

this way forward bases are really important, or else you cant effectively attack

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
then don't use it.

Making a custom race will take a long time, u will need to balance it out, create custom heros with their own unique abilities, new units etc etc. Will take atleast a week to make the perfect custom race.

Accumilater

Reaction score
You could use the trees in the doodads for buildings, and change their art scaling values so that they're bigger than the trees, or you can make the night elf uprooted units a smaller scaling value. You could also find custom models of trees, maybe have a mountain and custom make a stone tree or something.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Try going to Hive and finding some alternative skins for the ancients? There's bound to be something...

Also, what do you want exactly? Ideas for spells and stuff? Then elaborate on what kind of a map you're making ^^

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i dont want to change the ancients skins
the map is a mass unit builder/stratagy

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Make the spells have long cast times (Like an entangling root spell with some 2 second-3 second cast time), because they are slow. In general make the race really bulky but slow in attack/move speed/turn rate everything. Make some healing abilities, and mix between healing/support abilities with maybe 1 or 2 destructive ones. Research should be based to improve their armor, attack damage and speed (Chlorophyl?). Make a hits from them count and have large damage (maybe even critical sometimes) and make them have siege/chaos damage type (something heavy). Buildings should be protectors (Different skins?), and stuff like that. Give all of them the root ability, where their defensive abilities and healing goes up, but they can't attack.

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i cant find any usfull skins also is there a way to have muitiple skins for the one model?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.