How to make AI for Hero Arena

SamYoon

Reaction score
Just like what i said in the title, how to make a Ai system for my hero arena game. From picking heroes, buying items, learn skill and casts spell attack / retreat. I wanna make this in GUI is there any guides? For everything you know please tell me~ tys.

TomTTT

Reaction score
Well there is this guide, but for advanced stuff that completely not rlated to melee games, like Hero Arenas, I would suggest triggering it. Can be a little hard, but can act like an actual player if you really put your efforts into it.
I suggest just start triggering it, and if you encounter problems - ask here :)

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
Well there is this guide, but for advanced stuff that completely not rlated to melee games, like Hero Arenas, I would suggest triggering it. Can be a little hard, but can act like an actual player if you really put your efforts into it.
I suggest just start triggering it, and if you encounter problems - ask here :)

Isn't the AI editor in World Editor only for changing how the AI acts in melee games? I am also looking for help on my map with making AI. I have started triggering, but it is a LOT of work.

Just like what i said in the title, how to make a Ai system for my hero arena game. From picking heroes, buying items, learn skill and casts spell attack / retreat.

I have discovered that the AI will use most skills by themselves (like War Stomp, Faerie Fire, Chainlightning etc.), buy you may have to trigger abilities that you have completely customized.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You order the AI using the order string of the ability you want the AI to cast.

As for buying items, is the purchase sequence random? If not, you can make a periodic trigger to check if AI has enough money for the item, and if so buy it.

Learning skills is the same, if the sequence of skills is the same all the way, then you can make a trigger to check each AI hero's level and learn the respective skill for that level.

For attacking, just periodically make AIs patrol to random points in the Arena. That way they will attack any enemies on sight. You can also make a trigger that orders AIs to run if their health is below a percentage.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
The AI will automatically use ALL default abilities even if values have been changed or copies made, though if you make chain lightning target allies and heal rather(EXAMPLE!!) they will not know how to use it without triggers.

AI also doesnt know how to use Channel(not blizzard etc. buy the "Channel" ability)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
AI won't use Channel-based skills on their own, same as any other custom skills. Therefore you need to order the AI to cast a spell using the order string of the ability. In case you don't know, the order string field is Text - Order String - Use/Turn On. This can be changed in Channel in the Data - Base Order ID field.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.