How to Network 2 computers at my home for diablo II LOD?

D

datolewoman

Hi! I have the network cards and cables but don't know where to go from there to set up a home network to play Diablo II LOD at my house without using an Internet setup. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Kittie_Killer

Reaction score
Originally posted by datolewoman
Hi! I have the network cards and cables but don't know where to go from there to set up a home network to play Diablo II LOD at my house without using an Internet setup. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Questions, questions, questions:

Do you have straight-thru cable or a cross-over cable ?

Do you have a 2nd copy of D2/LoD ?

D

datolewoman

I believe i have the crossover cable(orange in color) and I have two copies of LOD complete with their own CD keys. I haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any advice?

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
First of all the colour doesn't matter. It is important that you have the correct cable. You'll need a crossover type cable unless you want to use a hub or switch.

Do you want to share the internet connection in your network? It makes things a little more complicated. Although it may also simplify things depending on how you do it =)

First, install the network cards into each PC. Then connect the two computers together using the cable. Nice and simple :)

The lights should come on on both cards when both PCs are turned on.

Then you need to go into the Network settings and add the TCP/IP protocol (its probably already there) and bind it to the network adapter. And then assign an individual IP address to each PC. The exact steps on how to do this depend on which OS you are using, and newer versions of Windows have a nice little wizards to automate this stuff for you. If you can let us know which OS each computer is using, maybe I (or someone else) can be more specific.

D

datolewoman

one pc is working on windows xp and the other is using windows ME. I doublechecked and definitely have the crossover cable. I don't know how to go from this point with the TCP/IP. I am trying to avoid internet sharing but if it is the only way, then i will. Thanks in advance.

U

Unregistered

Just a note to of thanks for the helpful advice that was given. I was able to network my comps using the wizards that you mentioned. Thanks again,
Datolewoman.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.