How to remove WEU and clean the map?

Ouguiya

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I don't know if this has been asked before, but I am quite at a loss here...

What I would like to do is to remove the "World editor unlimited", and finally (after a lot of mesesages from the community), switch to Newgen and EGUI.

The problem now is: Simply opening the map with Newgen tells me "This has been saved with a more recent version of the editor", and later crashes while loading.

Thus, I imagine that I have to remove EVERYTHING WEU related. However, the program does not seem to be able to do that itself. I tried opening the map with the WE Unlimited Patcher, and removing everything WEU-related, but that didn't help, the map still crashes while loading.

So, I am a bit at a loss here.

Can anyone tell me what the critical things are to remove so I can edit the map with JassNewGen and remove the WEU stuff?

Thanks in advance!

Yours,

Ouguiya

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
Well for one there is a JNGP option under Grimoire, called no limits. You might want to try that. Maybe that's all you have to do.

Other than that, you would probably have to find out what all the features of WEU are, and of JNGP, compare them, and erase anything that does not match.

Can you upload the map maybe, so we can play around?

Ouguiya

Reaction score
Hi there!

Well, I tried no-limits, that didn't do anything.

Then I did (painstakingly) remove all functions from the map, which were WEU.

That did the trick, it opens now.

There are a few strange syntax errors in the map, but I hope I will be able to correct those soon.

Another thing which bugs me is that WEU inserted a whole lot of functions into the header of the map, which I cannot remove now. For instance, if I remove the 30 or so variables which WEU inserts (via the WEU Optimizer, or via the map editor itself), the compiler finds around 50 or more syntax errors, because the entire code gets messed up.

I hope there is a way to remove all that stuff which is in there and has no real purpose now too, but I am really uncertain.

Thanks for your help.

yours,

Ouguiya

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.