How to unlearn ability and learn another

revlisilver

Reaction score
Im trying to make it when a character picks up a certain item it will change an ability for them. But I also want them to have there old abilities skill points. So I have tried this but it does not force the unit to learn the skill it just keeps the old skill. And the Tome of retraining is custom so it will be used right away making it used before the abilities switch

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Sheath of the Ninja
    Actions
        Hero - Create Tome of Retraining and give it to (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Remove Flame Strike from (Triggering unit)
        Hero - Learn skill for (Triggering unit): Flame Strike xxx 
        Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 15.00 seconds the text: Please Redistribute Your Skills Please

H

HBtheOnly

Try this:
Code:
Help
    Events
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Sheath of the Ninja
    Actions
        Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Triggering unit): Add (Level of Flame Strike for (Triggering unit)) points
        Hero - Learn skill for (Triggering unit): Flame Strike xxx
        Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 15.00 seconds the text: Please Redistribute Your Skills Please

gref

Reaction score
I assume you just wanted to make the move unlearnt again right?
Code:
Item Trigger
    Events
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Shimmerweed
    Actions
        Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Hero manipulating item): Add (Level of Acid Bomb for (Hero manipulating item)) points
        Unit - Remove Acid Bomb from (Hero manipulating item)
        Unit - Add Acid Bomb to (Hero manipulating item)

Goddamn it. Sif beat me.

revlisilver

Reaction score
I have tried what HB said and the only thing is that when I do aquire the item, If the skill is at level 0 it says Can heroes that have learned spells not in cooldown can use this item and then it drops a book of retraining.

The one gref has shown me all it does is remove the ability if it already learned and add the ability that I want to make the hero learn into the usable skills not into the Portion of the hero that lets you use skill points.

What I want is for my trigger to force the hero to remove completely the skill and then learn a completely different skill

I can't even get my trigger to just make the hero learn a new ability so it can level.

I was thinking of also thinking of just making the item have an extra ability. The engineering ability from the tinkers abilities and just do it that way but I don't know how to set the engineering ability to other skills some help would be appreciated.

If there is jass out there that can do what im wanting. That is fine too

H

HBtheOnly

If you did my trigger EXACTLY, it shouldn't be dropping a book of retraining at all, as a matter of fact, it should work out fine, no messages. Try my trigger without editing at all first, then if it works, edit it as you will. I think you may have done something which stuffs it. Also as for the level 0 problem, add a condition:

Code:
(Level of Flame Strike for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0

Randor244

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You can use the Tome of Retraining ability too, It should work if you supported it with triggers.

revlisilver

Reaction score
If you did my trigger EXACTLY, it shouldn't be dropping a book of retraining at all, as a matter of fact, it should work out fine, no messages. Try my trigger without editing at all first, then if it works, edit it as you will. I think you may have done something which stuffs it. Also as for the level 0 problem, add a condition:

Code:
(Level of Flame Strike for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0

Ok I think I might know what Im doing wrong but I don't know how its happening.

I have tried this basic trigger with nothing custom at all.

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Claws of Attack +15
    Actions
        Hero - Learn skill for (Triggering unit): Human Archmage - Blizzard

It one doesn't remove flame strike from the unit because all I think its doing is removing the ability from the unit that is outside of the hero skill button(the button in the bottom-right). It is not deleting the ones inside the hero skill button.

Then the hero is not even learning the skill at all. It just acquires the item nothing happens.

When I do spend that initial point for the skill Flame strike and then pick up the item it does remove the outside ability that is able to be clicked on.

But it does not remove the ability at all from the "Hero level up skill menu"
It only removes the ability from the "Active skills"

If you can't remove an ability from the "Hero level up skill menu" thats ok
But the hero won't even learn a new one. Please tell me what im doing wrong.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.