I want ideas for Warcraft III Systems!

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
That is a lie. You CAN convert JASS to GUI - its just that nobody has actually done it yet. If we can so easily change ice to water, why can't we change water back to ice?

It would be quite simple - some program would identify a line of JASS, see if any GUI functions match it, and if it doesn't, it skips it, and notes it in an error log.

It won't be able to convert complex JASS, but it would be effective for us beginners who don't know anything useful about JASS.
It doesn;t matter how complex the JASS is. Almost anything mapper-written would be half errors.

TheSNGuy

Reaction score
Okey dokey Here's another REALLY off the wall suggestion.

Use game caching and a simple game cache relay program to create a system that allows potentially unlimited people on a map (through multiple portal maps). Each running map creates a game cache, the program sends it to the other person (on the other side the same thing is happening) then the map loads the new file and uses it to recreate the opponents actions.

Talk about off the wall lol

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Save/Load code is a bit hard because there are many things to do.
There should be a way to do it, but it will take an infinite amount of values.. :p

Like :

Code:
call HeroSave(GetTriggerUnit(),true,36, false, 3, 2, 1, false, false...)

Argument 1 : Triggering unit, meaning unit to be saved
Argument 2 : Save in Singleplayers' game cache if false with a code, if true, returns a code only.
Argument 3 : 36 String Values, meaning "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789". May be "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ" for 62, "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" for 26, and "0123456789" for 10.
^^
Argument 4 : Remove hero if true after saving, if false, do not remove.
Argument 5 : X Arguments' Handles for Levels. Returns the formula to know the max handle is Argument3^X. See Argument 8 for more informations.
Argument 6 : X Arguments' Handles for Items. Returns the formula to know the max handle is Argument3^X.
Argument 7 : X Arguments' Handles for Heroes. Returns the formula to know the max handle is Argument3^X.
Argument 8 : If false, saves the level, if true, saves the EXACT exp. Meaning Argument3^Argument5 must be at least bigger than MaxExp^Argument3.
Argument 9 : If false, do not save the location, if true, saves the exact location. Returns automaticly 8 digits.

And I can write a whole amount of arguments :p
I' m still dreaming about my 5 digit save/ load code what would store most things what needs to be saved if it could only be minimized with JASS so it would be possible. I personaly find hard to write down 20 letters of code for save/ load and I usualy lose them somewhere and can' t find later >.<
Things can be made always more difficult or harder but lets try to simplify it.
  • Save/ load code is usualy used in a multiplayer (This sentence bacasue of I didn' t get argument 2 :eek: )
  • Strenght, Agi, Int
  • Exp.
  • Abilities (4 with prox 4 levels but usualy there is +-99 levels.)
  • Items (2x 6 slots for people who like to store things in their "vault" for later use.)
Thinking about it you are right to make universal save/ load code there can be many arguments but to make "defult" save/ load code for melee map it should be ok. I' m trying to fit needed arguments almost only for usual Warcraft Melee map. If the triggger or JASS code could be 1000 lines, etc and it results in 5 digits save/ load code it would be good in my opinion.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

> A majority of the mapping community actually does not know JASS.
If they actually do want to know it then they can learn. Making a tool that would convert Jass to GUI would not only be a waste of time for the programmer that would do it, but also for the person that would use it - I just know a bunch of people would rely on it too much and would never figure out the true advantage of Jass.

Well, for those of you who dont know this; I dont know JASS. But the idea of this JASS -> GUI program sounds like a good idea to me. One of the reasons that I havent started learning JASS is that I find it a little bit too daunting. All the strange 'coding' language was never really something I understood to even the smallest degree. But this program (should it be created) could significantly help me in learning JASS. Just my thoughts.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
That is a lie. You CAN convert JASS to GUI - its just that nobody has actually done it yet. If we can so easily change ice to water, why can't we change water back to ice?

It would be quite simple - some program would identify a line of JASS, see if any GUI functions match it, and if it doesn't, it skips it, and notes it in an error log.

It won't be able to convert complex JASS, but it would be effective for us beginners who don't know anything useful about JASS.
Yea, the theory is quite simple, however in practical it's freaking insanety... Most jassers use the native functions, the we uses BJ functions, thus you'll have to change every single function to their natives equelivant. Some functions like if/then/else, unit group and player groups are handled internally in the we, creating extra functions for the actions, this would also be kinda hard to translate from jass to gui. If you insist on a third party tool to make it easier for the gui users, i would suggest a program that allows the following:
A conditional loop action
A proper if/then/else function
A proper unit group funcion
A function that takes a handle and a string, and creates a local
A cleanup function, that takes a handle and a string, and performs the proper destroy/remove action, and nullifies the value.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
I' m still dreaming about my 5 digit save/ load code what would store most things what needs to be saved if it could only be minimized with JASS so it would be possible. I personaly find hard to write down 20 letters of code for save/ load and I usualy lose them somewhere and can' t find later >.<
Things can be made always more difficult or harder but lets try to simplify it.
  • Save/ load code is usualy used in a multiplayer (This sentence bacasue of I didn' t get argument 2 :eek: )
  • Strenght, Agi, Int
  • Exp.
  • Abilities (4 with prox 4 levels but usualy there is +-99 levels.)
  • Items (2x 6 slots for people who like to store things in their "vault" for later use.)
Thinking about it you are right to make universal save/ load code there can be many arguments but to make "defult" save/ load code for melee map it should be ok. I' m trying to fit needed arguments almost only for usual Warcraft Melee map. If the triggger or JASS code could be 1000 lines, etc and it results in 5 digits save/ load code it would be good in my opinion.

Ok I restart what I wrote :
Argument 2 is to save using codes OR/AND game cache. If true, saves simply using codes, if false, saves in game cache and uses codes.

call HeroSave(GetTriggerUnit(),true,36, false, 3, 2, 1, false, false, 0, 3, 3, 3, true, 12, true, 4...)

Argument 1 : Triggering unit, meaning unit to be saved
Argument 2 : Save in Singleplayers' game cache if false with a code, if true, returns a code only.
Argument 3 : 36 String Values, meaning "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789". May be "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ" for 62, "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" for 26, and "0123456789" for 10.
^^
Argument 4 : Remove hero if true after saving, if false, do not remove.
Argument 5 : X Arguments' Handles for Levels. Returns the formula to know the max handle is Argument3^X. See Argument 8 for more informations.
Argument 6 : X Arguments' Handles for Items. Returns the formula to know the max handle is Argument3^X.
Argument 7 : X Arguments' Handles for Heroes. Returns the formula to know the max handle is Argument3^X.
Argument 8 : If false, saves the level, if true, saves the EXACT exp. Meaning Argument3^Argument5 must be at least bigger than MaxExp^Argument3.
Argument 9 : If false, do not save the location, if true, saves the exact location. Returns automaticly 8 digits.

Argument 10 : If Argument 2 Equal to False, then it saves in X slot. Meaning you can load the hero in the game cache in the key X, with a wrote like -load XX. So you can saves multiple heroes and do not have to rewrite again ever and ever in Singleplayer. :p
Argument 11 : X Arguments' Handles for Strength. Returns the formula to know the max handle is Argument3^X. If 0, Strength is not saved.
Argument 12 : X Arguments' Handles for Agility. Returns the formula to know the max handle is Argument3^X. If 0, Agility is not saved.
Argument 13 : X Arguments' Handles for Intelligence. Returns the formula to know the max handle is Argument3^X. If 0, Intelligence is not saved.
Argument 14 : Argument true or false. If true, takes the closest Item Storage of the owner of Argument 1, and saves its items. If false, Argument 15 is for nothing and Saving Item Storages is not used.
Argument 15 : Slots taken by the Item Save. Must be 2,4,6,8,10,or 12, each meaning in order 1,2,3,4,5,or 6 slots savable.
Argument 16 : If true, protects the code to its owner. If false, do not protect the code.
Argument 17 : If Argument 16 Equal to True, use Argument17 digits to save the player name. Meaning if more digits are allocated, more the system will be protected.

If the triggger or JASS code could be 1000 lines, etc and it results in 5 digits save/ load code it would be good in my opinion.

Imposible. Meaning we can only up to stringsmax^5 possibilities, it will simply reduce the possibilities. Meaning if we are using Base36, it returns only 60466176 possibilities, which is destroyed by using 6-slots-20itemIds (-3533824 unsavable spots), returning an use of 64000000 possibilities (bigger than 5^36 !).

Abilities (4 with prox 4 levels but usualy there is +-99 levels.)

Not possible. If we are going on a universal saving mode, we still have to define directly what abilities for each hero are allocated. :p Quite hard ^^
I wonder if a Multi-Instance will handle that.

Master

Thou shall be helped by...The Black Adder!
Reaction score
*ahem*
more ideas:
1.Yes, another save/load would be good. If, of course, you are very comfortable and sure that you will overpass the combination difficulties.
2.Some new kind of import that is not made yet. Though I already work on a lightning effect import tutorial :)
3.JASS spells with incredible magnificence are also a good one in my view.

Suit yourself. And...
~Have a nice and comfortable day ^^

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
1.Yes, another save/load would be good. If, of course, you are very comfortable and sure that you will overpass the combination difficulties.
Save/load code would be good. But there's so many map-specific fields that it would be...limited.

2.Some new kind of import that is not made yet. Though I already work on a lightning effect import tutorial :)
Some kind of new import? Huh?

3.JASS spells with incredible magnificence are also a good one in my view.
Brilliant idea. Good JASS spells. Maybe we can have a JASS spell generator /sarcasm

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
People...be real.

My suggestion is 'Hostility' system. Like in Diablo 2.

One player expresses hostility against another (which can only be done, when the player who is expressing, is in the safe zone). The player, whom against hostility is expressed, recieves a warning message saying that.

Normally, players treat each other like ally. When hostility is expressed, the player who expresses hostility treats the 'victim' as enemy and can attack him.

C

Chaoswizkid

Let me derail this nice little Save/Load chat for a moment. Sorry. But, here's a few of my systems that will, sadly, go unfinished. So here is one of them:

Squad creation and Formation.
The objective of this system is to organize the huge amounts of units you will have into a more managable army. Here's an example: You have twelve units selected. You press ESC. The unit you selected first will be changed into a "Squad Leader" unit, that you'll have to create. Rifleman -> Squad Leader (Rifleman), Footman -> Squad Leader (Footman), etc., or something like that. The remaining of your selection will become computer controlled, and will move to positions around your squad leader. Your squad leader will be in your selection, and will have a Formations ability (spellbook abilities rule). When you click on it, a set of formations (abilities) come up. Each formation (ability) has it's own bonus and it's defects. As an example, Assault gives minus movement, plus attack, stuff like that. You may want to include a seperate system to be attached to this for those effects. Anyways, when selected, the Squad Leader's squad will assume positions around the Squad Leader, setable by the map maker, just like the formations and minus/bonus effects, and will recieve those minus/bonus effects. When the Squad Leader is killed, the Squad itself will go into disarray (or not, it's applicable) for 5 seconds, and then the system will pick out the best fitted unit for Leadership. All Squad Leaders can lead a max of 11 other units (A squad is composed of 12, Squad Leader + 11 others), and have the ability to disband. That resets the Squad Leader, so it's a regular unit, and the units in the squad come under your control, not the computer's any more. You could even develop the system to accomodate the ability to add special squad based abilities. Like a Mortar squad, where the whole thing is mostly made of mortar squads, and can use mass bombardment, or something like that. It seems more complex than a regular system, but without the extra stuff I mentioned, it'd be more like a regular system. I do realize with the extra stuff, it would be encroaching upon making an actual game, but that was it's intention anyway.

I'll go and find my other systems and mention them to you. Hope you like that idea.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.