I want ideas for Warcraft III Systems!

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
That's right, and I'm asking for you guys to suggest a few. If I'm ever bored and want to write another warcraft III system you guys can use, I need ideas. I'm out of ideas at the moment, so I'm asking for you all to contribute :)

Also, I'm not particularly interested in suggestions for how they could be done, but I welcome them if you're willing to suggest a solution.

Tonks

Reaction score
A JASS to GUI program, that takes each line of your trigger and dissects it to tell you what it would be in GUI.
Maybe some extra features including:

- a JASS definition list; when you paste a line of JASS in a text box, it gives you a description of what it would do.

- a JASS-improvement system, with a built in leackcheck that tells you where you leaked, where you could improve it to be faster, etc.

Just some ideas, and I know this would be very difficult, so I don't really expect it :)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
The latter probably doesn't need to be done. There's already a GUI program by Im_On_56k that points out leaks and anyone who knows JASS should know the few things that leak. However, the former is an interesting idea, though I thought -most- JASS functions are self explanatory. Perhaps you could provide an example of some JASS lines that don't make sense?

Most GUI lines translate into one line of JASS code that does the exact same thing. They're compiled whenever you save the map into it's war3map.j.

Anyway, it sounds like your suggestion would make for a better tutorial than tool. Certainly possible to write one, just fyi.

Thanks for the quick response :)

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
I kinda dont get what u mean by "Systems"

This is what I got from what you have said.

- Is their such thing as a " Map Text Sizer "? * It makes the size of the text bigger... idk if its possible, just a little question/idea. *

- TFT Quick Model Switch... * Changes the TFT model QUICKLY to a RoC model.*

- Hero Balancer.... * Balances the hero's imported into the program...*

- Map Text Font..... * idk if its possible. But it changes the font of the text in warcraft 3 map. *

-- Hope these help -- ** I Don't Know Anything About Systems, So I Don't Know If They Are Possible Or Not.

(P.S.) I don't even know what a system is, so im taking a guess...

~ Mr.Tutorial

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
System is kind of vague, but I mean either an assortment of triggers to do *something* in WCIII or an application (out side of WCIII) to read a text and output a result.

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
wc3c kinda has monopoly on the WC3 systems, but how about a universal leaderboard/multiboard system?

Tonks

Reaction score
>The latter probably doesn't need to be done. There's already a GUI program by Im_On_56k that points out leaks and anyone who knows JASS should know the few things that leak.

Well, I meant more of compiling his program along with yours, for a more convenient 'package'.

>However, the former is an interesting idea, though I thought -most- JASS functions are self explanatory. Perhaps you could provide an example of some JASS lines that don't make sense?

Well, I think it would be more useful as a tool for learning. You could easily test your JASS scripts without opening the game itself, and see if it turns out the way you wanted. It would also be a convenient thing for recreating GUI triggers, whether it be by bugs or accidental protection etc., for those who don't know enough JASS to competently edit with it.

>Most GUI lines translate into one line of JASS code that does the exact same thing. They're compiled whenever you save the map into it's war3map.j.

Yea, maybe you could also add a feature that simply takes all JASS from war3map.j and converts it to GUI, for a quick restoration.

I hope this helps, and I personally think that it would be very useful.

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
How about you make that program explain functions? Say, you type in whatever piece of code, and it tells you what the function does, so people (like me) who want to learn JASS but need lots of guidance step-by-step can get it?

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Actually, a JASS to GUI, even if it was simple, would rock, it would really help me learn JASS, and also helps those peeps who accidentally deleted their last unprotected version of their map :p

And also, my map seems to keep converting itself to JASS somehow o_O, so I had to ditch it...

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
You can't convert JASS to GUI-stop suggesting it. That would be like converting a heavily modified car into a standard production car. After yuo've heavily modified it, it's not a production car anymore. OK, you CAN convert back from straight gui-->jass conversion, but why bother? Take away freedom you just gave yourself, OK.

I do like the idea of a multiboard creation program though. plug in the column #, row #, column widths, row widths, and either a var or a string for each box, and it generates code for it. It probably wouldn't create the most efficient system, but w/e. People could use that.

btw mr tutorial those are pretty much all impossible. Hero balancer? Balancing is a thing that kinda has to be done by a human mind, at least for now. Maybe in like 1523 years we can have robots do that, but for now it would be retarted with our current retarted ai capabilities.

Tonks

Reaction score
You can't convert JASS to GUI-stop suggesting it. That would be like converting a heavily modified car into a standard production car. After yuo've heavily modified it, it's not a production car anymore. OK, you CAN convert back from straight gui-->jass conversion, but why bother? Take away freedom you just gave yourself, OK.

As I stated, the whole point would be a tool for those that don't understand JASS, and either want to learn it or fix an WE error.

>You can't convert JASS to GUI-stop suggesting it.

Except, that would kind of be the whole point of the program; making that very thing possible.

>Take away freedom you just gave yourself, OK.

A majority of the mapping community actually does not know JASS. So rather than having the conversion give you freedom, it would restrict you.

>How about you make that program explain functions? Say, you type in whatever piece of code, and it tells you what the function does, so people (like me) who want to learn JASS but need lots of guidance step-by-step can get it?

Me said:
A JASS to GUI program, that takes each line of your trigger and dissects it to tell you what it would be in GUI.
Maybe some extra features including:

- a JASS definition list; when you paste a line of JASS in a text box, it gives you a description of what it would do.
;)

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
That is a lie. You CAN convert JASS to GUI - its just that nobody has actually done it yet. If we can so easily change ice to water, why can't we change water back to ice?

It would be quite simple - some program would identify a line of JASS, see if any GUI functions match it, and if it doesn't, it skips it, and notes it in an error log.

It won't be able to convert complex JASS, but it would be effective for us beginners who don't know anything useful about JASS.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Well... it would be faster to actually learn Jass than waiting for someone to make a program like that... And I don't think that anyone would do it. They would rather tell you: "learn jass!" :p

TheSNGuy

Reaction score
Lol you want something really off the wall?

Create a third party program that allows people to sync into games already started. You could have fake players (made by the program) hold the positions and then switch them in with the real players somehow through a program or perhaps a connector map on battlenet.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> A majority of the mapping community actually does not know JASS.
If they actually do want to know it then they can learn. Making a tool that would convert Jass to GUI would not only be a waste of time for the programmer that would do it, but also for the person that would use it - I just know a bunch of people would rely on it too much and would never figure out the true advantage of Jass.

And to most of the suggestions above: I believe Rinpun is trying to create a system, not a miracle. Make requests only for the things that can actually be done using triggers...
For example if you know you saw something in xyz map, you like it but can't do it yourself then perhaps that's a good idea for a system? ;)

Anyway it might be nice if you could make a system that automatically generates some random terrain. Nothing too special - perhaps a couple of trees, some grass/dirt (possibly according to the tileset the user specified), a couple of decoration doodads etc.

Mullit

Reaction score
A custom fightning system would be pretty cool so you dont just click on a target and sit there and watch the unit attack. you would have a range of abilities that would do different attacks with different animations like stab, swing, chop etc. and depending on the series of attacks you use you can make combo attacks that deal extra damage, stun or knockback etc.

I've always wanted to see something like this in a map but could never figure out a way to detect a certain series of attacks to make the combos.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I've always wanted to see something like this in a map but could never figure out a way to detect a certain series of attacks to make the combos.
Creat 4 abilities add them a icon of somekind of attack and creat trigger what stores abilities orders by adding math value after each ability used, like that it should be possible to dedect combos.
Really handy would be a save/ load code trigger in JASS you just add a value how much things ya want to store then pick coding (Erm that bit thing ?) and some other things then it will output a JASS trigger with all variables and etc made or even better combine it with Emirj3' s tool what allowed you to pick actions and then it automaticaly creats them or something like that. It would be like add save/ load code into my map with 10 clicks.
I don' t know what is limit of lines in trigger or that expiration time when something happened with trigger if it exides time. Just idea, but looks writing your own is best solution or useing Chocobos one.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
A custom fightning system would be pretty cool so you dont just click on a target and sit there and watch the unit attack. you would have a range of abilities that would do different attacks with different animations like stab, swing, chop etc. and depending on the series of attacks you use you can make combo attacks that deal extra damage, stun or knockback etc.

I remember I done it.
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40355
Remember I made a bug errorly, using Brillance Aura that can not affect units without mana. :p
Look at part 2.5, 2.51, and 2.52. You can customize it quite well, because every time you do a combo, it does a bonus damage! ^^
Required Advanced WEU Triggers, of course. I want it to be free of use. If I write it in JASS no one will understand (who never learnt JASS and who will never) the H2I and the game cache using.

Creat 4 abilities add them a icon of somekind of attack and creat trigger what stores abilities orders by adding math value after each ability used, like that it should be possible to dedect combos.
Really handy would be a save/ load code trigger in JASS you just add a value how much things ya want to store then pick coding (Erm that bit thing ?) and some other things then it will output a JASS trigger with all variables and etc made or even better combine it with Emirj3' s tool what allowed you to pick actions and then it automaticaly creats them or something like that. It would be like add save/ load code into my map with 10 clicks.
I don' t know what is limit of lines in trigger or that expiration time when something happened with trigger if it exides time. Just idea, but looks writing your own is best solution or useing Chocobos one.

Save/Load code is a bit hard because there are many things to do.
There should be a way to do it, but it will take an infinite amount of values.. :p

Like :

Code:
call HeroSave(GetTriggerUnit(),true,36, false, 3, 2, 1, false, false...)

Argument 1 : Triggering unit, meaning unit to be saved
Argument 2 : Save in Singleplayers' game cache if false with a code, if true, returns a code only.
Argument 3 : 36 String Values, meaning "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789". May be "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ" for 62, "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" for 26, and "0123456789" for 10.
^^
Argument 4 : Remove hero if true after saving, if false, do not remove.
Argument 5 : X Arguments' Handles for Levels. Returns the formula to know the max handle is Argument3^X. See Argument 8 for more informations.
Argument 6 : X Arguments' Handles for Items. Returns the formula to know the max handle is Argument3^X.
Argument 7 : X Arguments' Handles for Heroes. Returns the formula to know the max handle is Argument3^X.
Argument 8 : If false, saves the level, if true, saves the EXACT exp. Meaning Argument3^Argument5 must be at least bigger than MaxExp^Argument3.
Argument 9 : If false, do not save the location, if true, saves the exact location. Returns automaticly 8 digits.

And I can write a whole amount of arguments :p

Master

Thou shall be helped by...The Black Adder!
Reaction score
Great arguments, I am astonished :eek:
There are so much choices to do.
But I prefer to state here the following:
1.Math issuing.
Though I have seen a tutorial made by ---Martix---, you could do better (I expect)
2.Miscellaneous triggers in JASS.

~Have a nice and comfortable day.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.