icon errors

U

username12

well i added some custom icons onto my map (they for items) and for some reason when a hero is able to buy an item(hes close enough) the icon apears but when the hero leaves the item buying range of the shop the icon for the item goes to the greenblank thing that u get when an icon is missing

wuts wrong
(sry if grammar is bad i wrote this really fast)

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
usually its because the icon is too big (file wise) so where it's taking a long time to load and thats usually what it is

U

username12

so how do i compresse it do i open gimp(the prog i used to edit icons) and resave them as a smallyer file, cuz im not sure how to do that.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
to save them as different file then just when you do save as..., change the file type to a different type.. .gif files have a smaller size then jpeg but there arent as many color variations possible and you might not be able to convert...and as for teh compressing ive never used gimp so i cant help you there...srry

U

username12

how can i convert the files so they are gif and back cuz they blp files
and btw i dont think this is the reson cuz some of my icons r smaller then the bliz ones

Rad

Reaction score
Standard icon path: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNYourIcon.blp
Disabled (Requirenments not met): ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNYourIcon.blp
Passive icon (Buffs): ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNYourIcon.blp
Autocast (On/Off are the same): ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNYourIconOn.blp (Switch On with Off, or use On for both)

U

username12

well i tryed ur idea about pathing cuz i left out the ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons in my pathing and now the icons wont show at all

Faction

Reaction score
tisk tisk

all the above people are wrong, your icon was originally working fine, it showed up when hero was near, but when your hero was further away, it was green because you need a disabled version of the icon, the guy above shows the path for a disabled icon

U

username12

lol actualy that was the first thing i thought of but i did not no whre to put the disbled versions the art part in the item editor and it only had the part for the btn icons no disabled so where do i have to put it

Rad

Reaction score
Standard icon path: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNYourIcon.blp
Disabled (Requirenments not met): ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNYourIcon.blp
Passive icon (Buffs): ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNYourIcon.blp
Autocast (On/Off are the same): ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNYourIconOn.blp (Switch On with Off, or use On for both)

These have nothing to do with anything EXCEPT for the import manager, you need to import 2 images minimum, the standard icon and disabled.

Basically, change the paths to use the above ones, replace 'YourIcon' with the SAME NAME for each version of the icon. You only need standard and disabled, but the rest will use that path if you need any others.

U

username12

Rad said:
Basically, change the paths to use the above ones, replace 'YourIcon' with the SAME NAME for each version of the icon. You only need standard and disabled, but the rest will use that path if you need any others.

umm im not sure wut u mean, so if u import both file types of icons and use the btn version as teh icon the dsbtn will work automatically?

Rad

Reaction score
Exactly, 2 images. DISBTN should have a black border and a 50% black mask over the entire thing. When it switches from BTN to DISBTN it will look for the image with that path, and thats why it shows green because there is no icon there.

U

username12

well i tryed putting the disbtn versoin of the icons imported into my map but it still shows green when the hero is too far away

btw the pathing is correct

Rad

Reaction score
Icon.blp
Path: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNIcon.blp

IconDisabled.blp
Path: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNIcon.blp

U

username12

nope i used ur pathing and the icon didnt work at all
and i just put the disbtn icon using the pathing same as the one i had when it sort of worked and it still didnt work

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.