Icons are green

thomas9999

Reaction score
Hey ive imported Icons for my W3 Map and when im far from the shops the item icons turn bright green any1 have any idea how to get rid of it and keep it as the icon?

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Its looking for an image that doesn't exist.

When your close to the shop, it shows the icons you have, when you move away, its looking for one thats darkened to show "out of range".

You need to either import darkened versions of the icons you have, or atleast change the icon its looking for with something more relevant.

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
it means that the game is trying to find a disabled command button for your custom icon, and if you didn't import one, it will do that. So import another icon but change the path to ReplaceableTextures\Commandbuttonsdisabled\DISBTN(yourfilesname)

and it will work. You could even darken the image in irfanview or what have you to make it look more like a disabled icon.

i'm not sure if the path is 100% right, i mean i m not sure if you need the DISBTN part there, but the rest is right.

hunterrravyn

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
The Darkened image should have

DISBTNImage.blp
and the bright
BTNImage.blp

you could alternativly use .tga for your file types

Jooster

Reaction score
your problem is the disabled icon,

you need to paths for every icon

1. ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\youriconsnamehere = normal bright colored version
2. ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\youriconsnamehere= darkened out version

examples

Attachments

• BTNEnsnare.jpg
    BTNEnsnare.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 241
  • DISBTNBTNEnsnare2.jpg
    DISBTNBTNEnsnare2.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 229

thomas9999

Reaction score
well i got a Darkened version of the icon but wwhere do i put it because in the item section of the object editor it dusnt ask for a darkened version it just asks for a interface icon

artix123

Reaction score
If your original item path is ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\YourIcon,
put your darkened icon at ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISYourIcon

you need to change the path of your icon in import manager in worldedit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.