Ideas for Additions to Melee

M

MiniSiets

me. said:
umm did u go to techtree and make

required: troll priest adept training
requirements level: 2

((sorry for the double post every1 :( ))
Yes, I specifically made sure that I did that. It's still not working... Maybe I'll show a screenshot in a little bit.

And "Paradoxical Warcraft"? I'm sorry, don't understand... I'm just making a map called "Altered Warcraft" similar to the old Starcraft maps that used to be made called (as you may have guessed) Altered Starcraft. The only difference is that the World Editor is a lot more flexible than the Campaign Editor, so I'm making a lot more unique of improvements to the gameplay.

Iwan_Krissov

Reaction score
Make a lot more tactical issues like destroyable and rebuildable brigdes...

You could also make the buildings stronger and better... and build the landscape so, that there are only less ways...

And you could make neutral citys wicjh the players can controll, so the help them...

?

???

Though it might be the hardest thing to do...
-Add ships!
-SOMEHOW(i'm clueless on how you would go about it) create another resource called oil, and oil wells(like Wc2 in the oceans).
-Dragons for orcs would be nice.. Maybe some for each race, like blue for human, green for night elf, red for orc, and black to undead...

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
An additional ranged unit for each race and an additional caster for each race. Also include an upgrade for melee units like the troll head hunters. I always found there was a large gap between ever races melee that could use a "middle" melee unit.

After this, another hero for each race would be a lot of fun.

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I ahve added ships, its actually very easy. (But I removed ships when the overall people playing it hated me for it)

I added a new spellcaster and upgradeable unit to each race.

Theres no air also.

M

me.

at war3search.com or whatever the place is called u can import models of dragons that walk instead of fly.

also, for modlers, i have a few requests...

1. a troll with 2 long blades, and golden armor. also, reely long teeth troll teeth ^ ^. also the heroish glow.

2. A human girl with a black cloak and hood, and a sword of the spitting image of frostmourne. hero glow.

3. a male muscular night elf that walks like the shadow hunter troll hero. looks kinda savage. with only pants that look a little roughed up. the attack is just a punch. hero glow.

4. A giant walking zombie rat with rotted flesh XD. hero glow.

ty much! ;)

Jim_skarrj

Reaction score
hey altered melees can be alot of fun to make, i made one a long time ago... your welcome to take any ideas or aspects from it... (its ALONG time ago... before 1.13 i think... was my first map.... simply object editing....

turned out ok ... added new hero for each race and new neutral hero..new units for each race.... and changed some minor gamplay aspects.... i couldnt probably make it a whole lot better now... but for a first map... is preety good.

id recomend just trying each race with cheats in game.. then looking at the editor.

ok sorry for the ramble.

Attachments

• Jimz Temple ConflictFINAL.w3x
    305.7 KB · Views: 108
E

Elf-Beast

Something that always irriates me in melee maps is the high mortality rate of trees! The game becomes boring when you cut down all the trees and you have no other way to get lumber. I'd suggest maybe a neutral unit which can permantly summon trees in an area, or something . . . It's just so dissapointing when you've cut down every tree and you still need lumber!

M

MiniSiets

I've already added in Dragons for the Orcs, and the Fel Orc upgrade will allow them to get Red Dragons as well. I won't give them to other races though because that wouldn't make sense... I want to make it stay a little more true to Warcraft II. Anyway, can anyone please help me with my Priest problem? I still can't figure it out...

M

MiniSiets

Never mind I fixed it. Turned out I accidentally selected the Inner Fire (Neutral Hostile) version instead of Inner Fire (Orc) version of the ability for the Priest.

M

MiniSiets

OK now I need help with my new hero for the Orcs, the Warchief. Could someone please edit the model for the Warchief unit (AKA Mathog) and make a hero glow under it? Otherwise I won't be putting him in the game. If no one can, then could someone please explain how to make my own custom models?

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Steps to Editing Models
1. Free up alot of time
2. Acquire $3600 that your willing to waste
3. Buy 3DS Max from Auto Desk
4. Use up your Free TIme

M

MiniSiets

I see... well no thanks then. Still, it would be nice if someone could edit that model quick to give it the hero glow.

M

me.

$3600?

couldnt you just get milkshape or one of those programs...?

i would get a modelingprogram myself but downloading them is very confusing for me. :(

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Waygates always give a litle flair to a map (sry if this has been mentioned).

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
PB_and_J said:
Waygates always give a litle flair to a map (sry if this has been mentioned).

Has, by me. You're right though, waygates are fun-- WAIT HUGE IDEA! Make waygates a buildable structure. Really, what this does is it makes a series of waygates that all connect in a cycle. Probably a good idea to limit to 4 or so, though.

M

MiniSiets

Waygates are already included in my map. :) But they aren't buildable.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.