Ideas needed for RPG

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
This aint the members project section so i won't tell you whats it's about just yet. But i've hit a bump in the road.

In the game you need to grow food. I've got the abilitys and ive doen this trigger

Code:
Events Unit- A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability

Conditions- (Farm 3 <gen> contains (Casting unit)) Equal to True

Actions- If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)

If- Conditions (Ability being cast Equal to Seed

Then- Actions Item-Remove (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Seed)
Game- Display to (All players) the text seed will grow very...
Wait 60 seconds
Unit - Create ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Seed)) + 0) Potatoe for Player 1 (Red) at  (Center of Farm 3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

Else - Actions Game - Display to (All players) the text: Cast seed

But it dosn't summon the Potatoe, it just never appears. There isn't any other trigger interfearing with it so if you could come up with a trigger that would bypass this problem it would help really much. And if u do any reigion things use the reigion Farm 3 please.

THANKS SO MUCH

i think my RPG will be ready later today or tommorw :shades: :nuts: :cool:

ok... rpg for food growing? im making an rpg aswell, but with heroes!! :D xD and you can (will, still didnt do the trigger) save there. by now i got a few skills, 2 heroes and dummys to train on xD

thats gr8, i dnt need this thread anymore i worked out what was wrong, i forgot to change the surfix string of the ability form beserker to seed, yes i did base it on berserker. Its wicked cos u can run the ability without it having any effect. I'm ready to put my brill RPG onto the internet.

Look out for members project cos thats where i will put it, im afriad its not very intresting. It gets boring after a while but it's still fun to play. I will be putting it on the internet after i protect it from naughty n00bs :mad:

Lol hey can you help me? do yuo know how to change the maximum level of a skill (i want like 10k levels of attribute bonus, no level needed)

I think the maximum amount of levels is strict 100 but it must be allot easier to trigger a spell so it simulates 10 000 levels.

Lol hey can you help me? do yuo know how to change the maximum level of a skill (i want like 10k levels of attribute bonus, no level needed)

I think i know what your asking so i am gunna tell u what i think ur talking about.

If your talking about hero abilitys having more levels then this is how you do it

Objects editor>Abilitys>What ability you want*>Scroll down to Stats- Levels and if you change it it will change the whole thing so u can decide what happens to the skill as u upgrade it

*If your skill you want is a Item\Unit skill then scroll down and change Stats - Item Ability to false and Hero ability to True

You will need to then change the Icon i think cos it resets the Icon. Just change it back to what it was.

Hope i helped ya if i didn't just tell me what u need

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.