IE7 problem

Cokemonkey11

Reaction score
Ive got this error that has been coming up since i got IE beta 2. altheway up until now, just havent dealt with it yet, since im using Avant browser.
When i launch IE7 it says this:
ie7lb8.gif

im assuming i just need to re-dl the file and somehow install it. can anyone help?
(ps) when i click continue the program crashes.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Well, apparently that file is associated with StyleXP, though it can sometimes become infected.

Since it's a BHO, or Browser Helper Object, running an anti-spyware program that can scan for those would be a good idea to find out whether or not it's infected.

Off the top of my head, I know Yahoo! Anti-Spy is very effective at removing BHO's.

Cokemonkey11

Reaction score
I dont use that program anymore, i uninstalled it. Anyone know what to do?

Doesnt MS have a program that can let u stop any dll, or something?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can reinstall StyleXP I suggest doing so then uninstalling it again. If that does not work you might have spyware and should scan using different programs - though I am not real familiar about how well spyware scanners are on IE7.

Cokemonkey11

Reaction score
I did think of that, but im trying other things. i rememberd how to get list of services. go to start > run > services.mci
but the service with style xp in the name isnt enabled!
i might have to reinstall/uninstall

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You run IE7 without add-ons if you right click the desktop icon for it, and choose "NoAddOns" or "Run Without Add-ons" (depending on version)

or Start->Run-> IEXPLORE.EXE -noaddons

In IE, from the Tools menu there is a place to manage add-ons (you can disable that one)

Cokemonkey11

Reaction score
i actualy just reinstalled style xp (tgt soft), then uninstalled it. worked fine. but now im noticing a differnce between the way it looks on my computer, and the way the screenshot on microsofts looks like.
look at this:
blehds1.gif

should i just reinstall IE7 to fix this? or what?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.