Import Icon help

Omnizohar

Reaction score
I recently imported my custom icon to use on my custom map. I used one of the icon for a skill and when I go test my game, the icon appears to be green when its not learn-able yet (Requires Level 6 for example and my hero is level 1). But when my hero reaches level 6 the icon changes from green to my custom icon. What I need help is how do I make it not appear green when its not learn-able yet? Thank you for helping if you can.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it needs an Alpha channels too, I believe this is done in icon-making programs..

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
The icon should have come with a second file - the second one is the one you should be looking to - I think it has a BTN in front of it or something... most custom icons do. And the game auto-loads the backup icon when you config the custom main icon to be used.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Oh and regarding to what Chao just mentioned, Make sure the beginning of their path is, "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNIcon.blp", and "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNIcon.blp

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
What you need is a disabled version of the icon as well as the active one that you already have.
I guessing I'm right in my assumption that it becomes green when pausing the game even if it's been learned after lvl6 and all that? That is extra proof I'm right.

What you want to do now is make a version of your icon (I assume you have photoshop or some other program good for making/editing icons?) that is kind of veiled in the sense that it's much darker and have bigger borders of black around it.
If you can't accomplish this on your own I'd be glad to help, but it's not that hard if you look at how any other icon looks when you pause the game :)

See what I mean?

~edit:
BAH, so much for being helpful and thorough :p

Omnizohar

Reaction score
Thank you all for the help. I created a DISBTN Icon for my imported icon. But now I'm having another problem. My BTN Icon now appears green for some odd reason after I imported the DISBTN button. So um what do I do to fix this problem?

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
But the disabled icon works?
It could be that you have typed a letter wrong in the custom path or something, making the active and the disabled icons not "recognising" each other.

Omnizohar

Reaction score
Thank you everyone, I have resolved my problem. The problem was my Import Path for my BTN icon had an extra S on it which is why it didn't work. But yeah thanks everyone.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.