Importing a lot of spells?

wateryman

Reaction score
What do you do in your maps if you import lots of spells like 10+, Is it possible to prevent bunch of mixed up variables created and how will you organize things neatly?

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmm.
-Make a map for each imported spell.
-Make sure you have checked the "create imported variables" or something like that.
-If you want to be completely sure that variables do not interfere with each other then change all of those Temp_Point, Temp_Group and so on to fx. Point_Fireball if the spell is a fireball. Do this before you import the spells.

TheHerb

Reaction score
I generally look at what sort of variables are being used and then rename them to match my map's variables then go through each spell and organise variables that match up to the same names as the main map and it generally works out quite well and it uses far less variables than if i were to straight copy paste them.

Crimson

Reaction score
You could try to compile all your downloaded spells into one map then export the trigger data and object data. Then import them into a blank new map you'll be working on. Then the only work you'll be doing will be deleting spells and objects you think you won't use.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.