In search for co-creators for a really GREAT map

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
Hi, I have an idea and a started map of a really great map.

I've run it by 2 of my friends we all have played almost every custommap that WC3 has to offer, been playing highskillgaming (among others dota) for many many years. They both like the idea.

Its an original map, it requires alot of skill, micro and knowledge. And I am convinced it will be really great when it's done.

However to get the project from many really great ideas and make the more advanced stuff both estetic and gameplay, I need 2 companions.

I'm looking for one gameplayexpert, that knows everything about effective solutions to all kinds of triggers/AI and custommade abilities etc etc.

Secondly I'm looking for designer. Someone who enjoys making great terrains, in a really great way. And I don't mean someone who puts out 900k doodads all over the map to make it pretty, I mean someone who knows how to make parts with grassy hills, parts with ice and the function of the ice and make it possible to apply to the gameplay etc.

I don't want to pitch my idea of my game, and all its rules here, I don't feel like someone creating a weak ripoff, I want to make it right.

If you feel like you would like to join my 3-man project please contact me here or call me on Skype (BruteBrutal).

I talk swedish or english... actually Skype, Mumble or Vent is a must to be able to cooperate with the map.

Regards,

BruteBrutal

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
I need someone who has been using the mapeditor for many maps, and prefer 2 users that has created maps for a long time and has no questions regarding using variables or customcreating items, spellanimations, trigger units randomly and making some more advanced parts of the game.

If its you and you're really serious then I can pitch u the idea but note that I'm not looking for these 2 because I search for someone to talk to during mapmaking, its mainly because I want to be able to share the map with 2 persons that instantly can create the idea and find solutions for the as ive said alot of times, more advanced stuff.

If I don't find any I will keep on doing them myself and try to find the answers in the forums, but I'm afraid it will take to long and the project will die out :/

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
im not sure anyone would join an unknown project by a blank shot....

"i got a really great map idea" is kind of subjective opinion if you catch my drift, people's preferences are different, just to clue you in on what i mean take for example this:

I simply ADORE boss fight maps that are done properly (and they rarely are)..Their major downside is that you cant make "public" games with them because people leave... and you are screwed afterward. this is the reason majority of people doesn't like them.

On the other hand, i hate arenas, i find it simply stupid to have a hero attack trillion times a second with billion damage and have infinite amounts of health and armor.... I do love a good pvp game, but i'd prefer it be based on skill and a cleaver way of winning rather then simple right click and watch... (good confrontation would be Angel Arena vs that ninja game i forgot it's name)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I don't want to pitch my idea of my game, and all its rules here, I don't feel like someone creating a weak ripoff, I want to make it right.
As W!ta said, you're gonna have a tough time trying to get people to help you out by advertising something with no description whatsoever. Is it possible for you to describe any interesting features that the map might have, or any similarities it may bear to an existing map that people could relate to? Given what you've said in your post, people can/will see this in a more negative light - I don't intend to offend by saying this, but
However to get the project from many really great ideas and make the more advanced stuff both estetic and gameplay, I need 2 companions.
along with
I don't want to pitch my idea of my game
would scream "Hey, I need 2 guys to make a map for me, thanks".

Personally, I don't wish to contribute to the project (since I've stopped editting WC3), I just wanted to make you aware that you're not helping your case by being completely secretive.

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
Well if someone GOT the skill that is required I will ofcourse pitch the idea... if someone feels like a good project I explain my map-idea and show what ive done so far, but I take it on skype or something instead. And THEN you can decide IF you want to join, THEN we start project ELSE do nothing. ;)

ultimate11

Reaction score
BTw u can`t place 900k destructible on the map becouse WE won`t allow you.Maximum amount as i know is somewhere around 4500 :p.

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
The spot is filled at the moment, and noone else is needed right now, might be later on, but I'll announce it then. Or I'll let you beta-test it ;) :thup:

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
I'm interested in filling role #1 part time. I'd like to help out where I can with your major issues and complicated systems if you have, but I don't want to commit full-time because I have real-life obligations as well :eek:

To let you know about myself: I've been mapping since 2007, I've been a part of this forum since then, I've made plenty of maps but I only finish about 10% of them before I get bored. I like to add innovation and clever systems to my map, and I make sure that my systems are optimized and my maps are lag and leak free, I have made a dota-like AI before, and I enjoy a good coding challenge :D I am competent at JASS, and I think I have the experience to help you out :thup:

If you want my help you need to sell me with your idea, as in I want to know what its about and what will make it as great as you claim :D If you don't want to share with the whole forum, just PM me.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
would be willing to help, if I had some sort of idea on what style of map it was and the idea's behind the game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.