interface question

Whisp_Rush

Reaction score
Hi!

I am making an RPG with a 3D cam, an my question is that is it possible to make like a raid interface like in the world of warcraft? I mean I want an interface what shows every players an their mana and life.

any idea?
thanks

Whisp_Rush

Reaction score
you know the world of warcraft? like the x-perl raid interface. for example if you are a healer, an you see that somebody has low health, you don't have to search for him, you just click on the interface icon.

sithin

Reaction score
so like if u want to heal u select the spell and click the interface and it will heal the dude?

give us a pic 2 help

Whisp_Rush

Reaction score
it's like this. I want something like on the left side (part members) with their health and mana.

Attachments

• X-PerlUnitFrames.jpg
    X-PerlUnitFrames.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 82

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I remember Cohadar tried to do that, I don't know if he succeeded.

Whisp_Rush

Reaction score
no I don't even know what is jass and gui... I'm new in making maps. but if there is some tutorial of it, I will look at them...

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
My advice is to try and stick to Wc3 style. You can't implicitly add interface into the game, however you can add a multiboard as suggested to display health bars and mana. There are ways of doing this however not with the restrictions that GUi has on you. (Graphic User Interface)

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
I agree with Tyrulan. Though I would suggest that you familiarize first with the object editor. It won't take so long if your familiar with warcraft 3 anyway. Then proceed to the trigger editor, which will take some time. All you need to do is familiarize yourself with all the things written in it. First with the Events second the Conditions an lastly the Actions.

And for the interface, it seems beyond usual to world editor, but it is totally possible, but would take you a month or more I guess just for that. As everyone says, stick with the multiboard or scoreboard. Or try making the unit with low health a worker and an icon will display at the bottom left, lolz.

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Naw it can be done in JASS with icons/hero images with attach objects but I'm not sure how it's done and it's very complicated.

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
to me it sound pretty hard, if it was possible it whud have ben done.

i mean, how meny havent dreamd of a wc3 map for molten core in 3rd persion view and all

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.