Tutorial Invisible Menus

swe_suffer

Reaction score
How to make menus invisible
And other invisible effects

Tools needed:
Warcraft 3 - The Frozen Throne (sorry RoC users, you have to use a MPQ)
If you wish to make your own image; Photoshop, Gimp or similar tools are needed.

Actually it is rather simple! Shortly; create an image of small size (to keep the file size down), then add alpha, import, change path of the menu item of wish, voila!

This maybe went a little bit to fast, so I take it slower;

Step 1;
Get my image at the bottom of the post; it's an ordinary image of size 1x1, but with an Alpha Channel.

Step 2;
Open World Editor,
Import the image file to your map by open Import Manager (press F12), then press the import file button, or press Ctrl+ I.

Step 3;
When step 2 is done, go advanced>Game Interface>Image - Game Menu Background (in World Editor) and change the path to your image.

The image can be used to make other things invisible too, Image - Tooltip Background for example (used in screenshot below).

If you want to know what Alpha Channel is this might be useful read: http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/A/alpha_channel.html

Screenshots:

Attachments

• Alpha Image.tga
    49 bytes · Views: 271
  • alpha 1.JPG
    alpha 1.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 402
  • alpha 2.JPG
    alpha 2.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 385

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Maybe this should be [Mini Tutorial]. Try and throw all your knowledge that has to do with anything on this topic in the thread.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You might want to add a picture of the finished product in anyone's map: in short, why make a menu invisible.

swe_suffer

Reaction score
Oh actualy there were a screeny :rolleyes:
And maybe it should be called "mini tutorial", yes

EDIT: To Mr.Tutorial - I think Im going to add some more info, but im in a hurry now..

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
simple
very simple

fix the screenie
to a full on dialogue and not half of one.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
It didnt really show me anything I didnt know how to do, But I never though of doing this. Get rid of the save button so people cant be annoying, yay!

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Naw you can't do that. You can make the button area background invisable but the button is still there the hotkey too.

swe_suffer

Reaction score
Naw you can't do that. You can make the button area background invisable but the button is still there the hotkey too.

Sadly, yes. But I think there may be a way to remove the hotkey. There is a file, I dont remember the name, that shows a lot of new "Gameplay Constants" in WE, one of the new "Gameplay Constants" maybe add it.

swe_suffer

Reaction score
Theres a ingame texture that makes it transparent forget what its called , but its there.

( Forgot to answer :p )
Well, inport a 49 bytes image cant realy be that painfull to the mapsize. It will go faster then to search for a particular image in War3 :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.