Irregular Region

WuHT

Reaction score
So let's say you want to create a region that encompasses a base which is NOT rectangular.

What i did was i created several small regions, and then set them as a variable array for region.

Problem is, if i want to choose 20 random units from the ENTIRE base, i wouldn't know how to refer to it, as my only choice would be to loop a value between how many small seperate regions i had and choose a few units from each region...ie summing it up to the total 20 in the entire base.

Is there a "better" way of doing this ?
To choose X creatures ( say 20) inside an irregularly shaped base ??

T

ThePixelator

WuHT said:
So let's say you want to create a region that encompasses a base which is NOT rectangular.

What i did was i created several small regions, and then set them as a variable array for region.

Problem is, if i want to choose 20 random units from the ENTIRE base, i wouldn't know how to refer to it, as my only choice would be to loop a value between how many small seperate regions i had and choose a few units from each region...ie summing it up to the total 20 in the entire base.

Is there a "better" way of doing this ?
To choose X creatures ( say 20) inside an irregularly shaped base ??

make a bunch of regions cover the entire base, yes, make it with normal regions, like you said. Then go through the base regions, adding all the units in that region to one big unit group for the entire base. choose your random units out of that unit group. :D

WuHT

Reaction score
Err when i choose units its from Region[intergerA] because i set all my regions under a big Region Variable Array. What would i use for intergerA ? Loops variable ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.