Is it Safe to Download Skins

Sargon

Reaction score
Safe? You mean from wc3sear.ch? Yeah, it's safe.

As for worth it, that depends on the skin.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
some are pretty kick ass, and can be made no more then 50kb when downsized a bit, and lose hardly any clarity in game, i say they are worth it 100%

Heko

Reaction score
dont dl any skins they send these alien space ships to take over models that you make! so dl custom skins at your own risk

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Yes and no. As with any downloading, the source may be inherently evil. For instance, satan.com will probably not be the best place to download skins. But yes, it is worth it if you don't really like making them. And who does? Does anyone dream all night of making skins and then get fired at work because all they do is make skins on their computer? If so, good for you, market that and sell skins for a dime a dozen.

idk_a_name

ABC GUM :D
Reaction score
another problem

i downloaded a skin but how do i put it in my map?

where it says u have to find wehre it came for or something, i have parental block so it cant trace were it came from.

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Use the import editor to import into the map. It has to be imported over the old models path.

Unless they tell you or you can extract from the .mpq files and open them then you need to guess.

Most skin files are in:
Textures\UnitName.blp
Race\UnitName\UnitName.blp
So Blood Mage is Textures\HeroBloodMage.blp and the Footman should be Human\Footman\Footman.blp(actually I don't think it is but thats an example).

Some tricky ones are the Warden(Textures\IronRaven.blp) and the Night Elf Archer(Textures\Ranger.blp).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.