Is there any possible way to make an anti-maphack feature on a map?

TTR.Cloud

Reaction score
The only thing I have been able to make against maphackers is a trigger that announces if someone may be maphacking. Due to lag it is often wrong and people will just assume that the maphackdetect is working even though it displays text saying it is often wrong. Does anyone have an actual working maphack detector that can detect and possibly kick maphackers and is never wrong? I know what I'm asking for seems impossible but I host Tree Tag and people seem to love maphacking on that map. It's ruining all the fun of the game.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on the kind of maphack they use.
You could place an invisible dummy unit in a corner of the map together with enemy units owned by all players.
You could give those units no vision range.

If somebody uses a maphack to uncover the whole map and see all invisible units those dummies might start to attack each other and you can register this behaviour with an event.

However, if the maphack will only reveal those units but not make the auto-AI target those units by itself this method will not work.

What i have heard what works as well is a corrupted model given to an invisible unit. When you maphack and reveal all invisible units, including the one with a corrupted model, your game is going to crash because of the improper file.
This might backfire though if you got other skills which reveal invisible units and i personally dont know much about this method.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
I believe nestharus uploaded a anti-maphack system that you can just import into your map, im not sure though, might want to ask him or search it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.