Issue order to cast purge on a tree

M4573R

Reaction score
Any way to get this to work? I need to purge an owl off a tree. Could I give a dummy unit with 100% chance orb to cast purge, and make him attack the tree? I have no idea how to do it lol.

jhnam95

Reaction score
Well then why not order the dummy to cast a spell on the tree that will kill the tree? Then use a trigger to replace that exact spot with a new tree.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
I doubt it would work though. Destroying then creating a tree sounds like a better bet, but try the Purge to see if it works.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I was somewhere he didn't want to replace the tree because it made it look different.
Might just be me imagining things or reading too many posts on TH.net though :p .

he wants a dummy unit to cast it
so find the trigger that says
order unit to purge a tree
Any way to get this to work? I need to purge an owl off a tree. Could I give a dummy unit with 100% chance orb to cast purge, and make him attack the tree? I have no idea how to do it lol.
Didn't say he needs a dummy unit :p .

jhnam95

Reaction score
I doubt purging a tree is even possible. Like I said before, just destroy and then recreate a tree.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
You can Purge a tree.
And the model/size can change when recreating a tree, which could lead to bad visual effects if the trees are placed specifically.
And destroy and recreate requires a trigger.
Purge requires an editing of a skill, that takes five seconds.

jhnam95

Reaction score
Oh... You can purge a tree? I didn't know that... I didn't know trees could have buffs at all.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Yepp :D .
I'm a DotA player so I was thinking of Treant Protector's "Eye in the Forest" skill which places a 'ward' on a tree to give vision of that area.
Anyways, the Purge should work.

M4573R

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't replied yet. Yes you can purge trees, its like that by default. It gets rid of owls. The problem is that I can't order a dummy unit to do that with triggers.

There has got to be a way to do it. I'm sure people have gotten rid of the owl before without removing the tree.

M4573R

Reaction score
That's not the problem. The issue comes when I write the triggers to get a dummy unit to cast it on the tree. There IS NO trigger for "issue order targeting a destructible - Orc Shaman: Purge".

M4573R

Reaction score
I still need the tree. The reason I need to do it with triggers is because I have an ability you can cast on a trees AND units. To do this I HAD to use sentinel. But this puts an owl on the tree. I need to get rid of it with a dummy unit and triggers.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.