Issues on animation when unit take off..

JuffoWup

Reaction score
I have purely cosmetical issue regarding my hero with Destroyer model...

the thing is this hero can start flying and land back on ground, but there is issue that when unit lands it goes into Obsidian statue stand animation. This does not stay on and as unit start moving or is issued with command it returns to Destroyer model. This otherwise harmless bug is just annoying to look at, please if anyone knows how to get rid of this do tell me...

Sargon

Reaction score
What do you want? Do you want the hero to always look like the Destroyer, or look like the Obsidian Statue when on the ground and the Destroyer when in the air?

JuffoWup

Reaction score
The issue is that the damn thing changes into Obsidian statue form ( as i said ) when it lands. Now the problem is not that it would stay as obsidian all the time as ground unit, but its just annoying to the eyes when the freakin' thing is modelled as "obsididan statues" instead of destroyer". What I mean is that after landing when you start to move, cast etc. the model returns to destroyer

Sargon

Reaction score
So you don't want it to be obsidian statue at all?

The problem probably has something to do with the animation names in the statue/destroyer model, and the fact that the regular statue/destroyer transformation in the game is one-way only.

JuffoWup

Reaction score
I know this, but what I needet is that the OBSIDIAN STATUE model would not appear at all, just cuz it looks pretty stupid when the Destroyer flicks into obsidian statue for a moment...

P

Persen

Try adding a "morph" or "alternate" tag to the "Art - Required Animation" field (dunno what its called but something like that...)

JuffoWup

Reaction score
Those are required that the obisidian is shown as Destroyer in the first place... There isnt actually any own Destroyer model, only certain "anim" of Obsidian..

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
the problem is that when ever a unit changes (and chaning from flying to ground is actually 2 different units, so they do change) it plays the animation that goes from 1 unit to the next. and thats just what the destoyer's landing animation looks like. you would have to make a new model of the destoyer with out that animation that changes it to the statue. or an easier way might be, when you use the ability use an action to force it to play the unit's stand/cast animation instead. i think its under cenimatic animations im not sure.

JuffoWup

Reaction score
OMFG ! I feel so stupid right now ... How didn't I think of that before ... :banghead: Thnx alot ! I'll go try it out ASAP

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.