Item Classification

power

Reaction score
Hey,
In the items there are different categories, aka Permanent, Campaign, so forth. I was wonder though, could you make additional ones and/or rename the first ones. This would prove very useful, but I mainly only need additional.

Tt112233

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
You mean like rename/adding a new category other than the given set in World editor? I don't think it's possible.

power

Reaction score
Exactly what I mean, and I agree, I don't think it is, but if someone knew or had a way of doing this it would be great, my RPG that i've made needs one more classification, But if I don't I will just make it one of the others, it will be a bit weird (Since u will be able to wear like 6 pairs of gloves if u wanted) but it doesnt matter :)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
You cannot add more item classes, however, you can simulate that with arrays. That's not exactly the same, but works.

As for renaming, you could set all the item classes into variables and initialize them at map 'init'.

HELM - Item class variable

- Set HELM = Permanent

And, then you'd use 'HELM' instead of 'Permanent'.

- Item - Create (Random level 1 HELM item-type) at (...))

But, you cannot rename them in Object Editor.

power

Reaction score
Damn. Well I already have a system so you can only have one helm and so forth, its just cause Misc. Doesn't work with the trigger (Unknown reasons, other people ahve this problem) So I guess gloves will have to be misc.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Permanent
Charged
Power Up
Artifact
Purchasable
Campaign

Why don't you use these six?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.