Item Crafting Spell

Naga Captain

Reaction score
Ok, I got back into Warcraft AGAIN, and I request some help for a spell. As described in the title, the spell creates an item. I have an idea for a Witch Doctor hero in which the hero creates an item through a spell, and I don't know where to start. Also, while I'm at it, on another map I have, I have a Hero that's pretty much a Druid. He's supposed to have two shape-shifting; I based them off of the Tinker's Ultimate. But, I always have some problem; can't revert back, can't access the other forms spells... Is it because it's a different Hero? That probably is why. I might just make a special unit out of it, rather than a hero. Well, thanks for any help you send my way, appreciate it, etc.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
The convertion it is easier if you base it on one of the nightelf druids abilities, like bear-form for example.

And for the first question. Use the search function in this forum, it is your friend and I am pretty sure that someone has posted about how to make that kind of spell before:thup:

Naga Captain

Reaction score
Ok, sorry for double posting, but this is going to get no attention three pages back. Could anyone please help? ;~;

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Make a trigger that checks when an ability is cast, and then create (item) for the caster. If you want to remove leaks, store the casting unit in a variable and clear the variable after.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Make a trigger that checks when an ability is cast, and then create (item) for the caster. If you want to remove leaks, store the casting unit in a variable and clear the variable after.

Units do not leak, they are removed when decayed, unless they are heroes.
Common units does not have to be stored in a variable.

Ok, but what ability to I base it off of then?

I recommend channel, it is the easiest spell to make dummy spells from.
Here you can find turotials wich will help you towards your goal.
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php

And to say, that you may want to store the "Craftable items" in a Item type array variable.

If it is a random creation of these items you can do this:
Code:
Event: Map init
Conditions: none, 0, nada, inga, null.
actions:
set item-type-array[0] = Gloves of haste
set item-type-array[1] = Sword of Flame
set item-type-array[2] = Boots of Wind
and so on...

Then you do another trigger that reacts to the spell.
Code:
Event: A unit casts an ability.
Conditions: Ability beaing cast = your ItemCreation Spell
Actions:
Create Item of type (item-type-array[Random number between 0 and 2]) for triggering unit

That is one way to do it, and what I recall it shall be leak free and only takes one variable:thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.