Item

iqchicken

Reaction score
where there's a will there's a way... here's some possibilites:

1. Just go ahead and make the "regular" units heroes minus the skills and let them have an inventory to carry the claws

2. You can always use a trigger to adjust the properties of your units

3. You could use an upgrade system, whereby your "regular units" receive bonuses when the upgrade is researched.

It all depends on where you are going with this. I would probably just make the regular units into heroes, remove their skills, remove their minimap icons, reduce their strength/etc, and be done with it. Good luck!

Reaction score
Or, create ability of/use the Inventory(hero) skill. You can say, give unit 2 slots of inventory. after adding the ability, unti will be able to hold 2 items and use them as hero

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Amfidamant said:
Or, create ability of/use the Inventory(hero) skill. You can say, give unit 2 slots of inventory. after adding the ability, until will be able to hold 2 items and use them as hero
Just make sure that you don't pick up a tome because it make it crash.

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I always thought that units could carry items and gain their upgrades. :p

D

Dr4gonL0rd

So did I. I have a map where I have "item collectors", which are essentially meat wagons with no attack and have inventory, when one of them picked up the item boots of speed, it got faster. And reiterating (spelling?) what was said earlier, be very careful around tomes because it will make it crash since are no attributes for the tome to upgrade.

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure the inventory ability has toggles that change things like that. Just create a custom inventory ability and tick 'Can Use Items' or something like that.

M

Masterfrog

Can't you just make a trigger to make those unit unable to pick up Power Up items?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.