It's spell crafting time, and first out "ZA WARUDO!"

Lady MufflaN

Reaction score
I'm in need of a break from my map, so let's make something fun!

Right, some of you may or may not know of this piece of delicious (internet) culture (JoJo's bizarre adventures for those whom actually are interested in that), but for those of you who do know it, let's try to make a spell of it for fun shall we? However, if you do not know of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbArvIqZzkI&feature=related is recommended to see.

First off we need something that stops time. I noticed Tinki3 already had made one in GUI implementation so let's go with that one for ease + It's easier to modify then mine so I asked him if we can base it upon his spell and I/We could. (because the one I made was much much more complicated for no good reason).

The spell ZA WARUDO! Is the same one as found in his spellpack found here: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47795 (Most excellent spellpack by the way)

Code:
Time Freeze
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to ZA WARUDO! 
    Actions
        Set TF_Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Custom script:   set bj_wantDestroyGroup=true
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 325.00 of TF_Point matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
                Unit - Pause (Picked unit)
        Wait ((Real((Level of ZA WARUDO!  for (Triggering unit)))) x 4.00) game-time seconds
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 325.00 of TF_Point matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
                Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TF_Point)
[/SPOILER]

Since most of that have seen this ability in the Manga/Animé/Game knows, all colors in the area are inverted, since we can't really change this to my knowledge we have to use the next best thing: Changing the Vertex coloring.

Code:
Time Freeze
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to ZA WARUDO! 
    Actions
        Set TF_Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
            Loop - Actions
                Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
                Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (10.00%, 10.00%, 70.00%) with 25.00% transparency
                Unit - Pause (Picked unit)
        Wait ((Real((Level of ZA WARUDO!  for (Triggering unit)))) x 4.00) game-time seconds
            Loop - Actions
                Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
                Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
                Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TF_Point)

(I do not know of any model/effect that could be used a sphere for this if we'd want a even more accurate reconstruction, and since 3DS Max refuses to work on Vista, I can't create one either, but if anyone can make a simple effect where a blue sphere expands from the caster under a second the then disappear, please do!)

Now then, after having the time freeze ability done (A bloody rip off) we would need the knives and I thought we'd base it on fan of knives, but the question remains, is it possible to stop/slow down ability animations?

Else we couldn't recreate one of the fun parts in the "spell". Else we could remake the Time Freeze spell to continuously under the duration freeze anyone who enters and make a dummy, because dummys are still units as far as I know, and they would stop correct?

Currently I need to make ready for school (I made this thread at a bad time yes, but don't blame me please) so I can't attend so much more, but thoughts, suggestions and ideas are always welcome, I dunno if I can do it on my own so I thought we'd do something fun here on the forums :p

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
yeah, it seemed like a good 10 minute challenge to undertake lol. It is just 1 group of 9 knives, i thought it would work well for your spell instead of creating a million of them... all i had to do was make 1 and clone it, bone it and give it 2 anims that can hardly be classed as animation. They might seem unreasonably big (the height of the cluster is the height of a footman) but if they weren't they would hardly show up ingame

Lady MufflaN

Reaction score
yeah, it seemed like a good 10 minute challenge to undertake lol. It is just 1 group of 9 knives, i thought it would work well for your spell instead of creating a million of them

Well I have to thank you a lot, it certainly feel more like it, now I just have to figure out how to use angles in spell triggers, because I've never tried to create them.

MurderMode

Reaction score
np :)... lol, it doesn't bother me if you can't get your spell to work at the end of the day, I just wanted to try make them. Even if you don't use it maybe someone else will, so it is no time lost

Lady MufflaN

Reaction score
np :)... lol, it doesn't bother me if you can't get your spell to work at the end of the day, I just wanted to try make them. Even if you don't use it maybe someone else will, so it is no time lost

:) I WILL make this spell work, one way or another :p (Now I just KNOW I got to get 3DS Max working on Vista or install an extra OS, XP and make the sphere so it'll be even more like the ability that Dio Brando have :) )

But oh well, bus soon arrives at it destination, got to go for like half an hour :p

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
So, um. What's the spell supposed to do? :p

When I hear you talking about time freezing, I keep thinking of Faceless Void's ulti (from Dota). -Which by the way means certain units won't be time stopped. So using dummy units should work. (Then again, your time stop probably works in another way. :p)

Lady MufflaN

Reaction score
So, um. What's the spell supposed to do? :p

When I hear you talking about time freezing, I keep thinking of Faceless Void's ulti (from Dota). -Which by the way means certain units won't be time stopped. So using dummy units should work. (Then again, your time stop probably works in another way. :p)

Spirital Successor to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbArvIqZzkI&feature=related :p

But it'll work so that it'll probably be targeted with a effect that stops time around the caster and the caster will do the rest of the stuff in the video on the targeted unit :)

Lady MufflaN

Reaction score
>>>There's your knives >>>

It's pretty basic, only got a static stand and instant vanish on death, but you could use it as a model for a dummy in the spell or w/e.

Any special paths to the texture and model? Because I can't seem to get it to work.

MurderMode

Reaction score
yeah i probably should of said that. leave the model path, and for the blp 'textures/redknives.blp' should do the trick. Just restart WE after u import

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.