RPG Jake's Temple

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
CANCELLED
The project is too large for me, a single person, to complete at this time. There are a few games which I would prefer to play instead of creating a map in Warcraft III.

Date Cancelled: 24/6/2008

Map Name: Jake's Temple
(Yes, my name is Jake)

Storyline:
Long ago, the people of your city acquired the Orb of Souls. This Orb protected the city from all attackers, making it undefeatable. Sadly, a dark power emerged from Jake's Temple and stol the Orb of Souls. Your city became defenceless and corrupt. Knowing this, you rally up a team of highly skilled Heroes and set out on a quest to return the Orb and restore power back into your city...

Players: 2-10
If you play the game solo, then you are defeated right away - this stops people using cheats.

Objective:
Defeat Jake the Master of Time (the final boss) and reclaim the Orb of Souls.

Heroes:
Max of 50 levels
Abilities consist of:
1 unit ability (for most Heroes)
3 x normal Hero abilities (15 levels)
1 x ultimate (5 levels)

You are able to choose from 9 classes:

Warrior
Model: Captain, Swordsman

Abilities:

Unit Ability - Taunt: The warrior taunts 10 nearby enemies, causing them to attacking him in an unfriendly manner.

Hero Ability 1 - Battle Cry: The warrior gives a mightly battle cry, giving himself and friendly nearby units a x% bonus to damage for y seconds.

Hero Ability 2 - Overpower: The warrior releases his strength, causing him to attack x% faster, and move y% faster for z seconds.

Hero Ability 3 - Enhanced Plate Armour: The warrior's plate armour has been enhanced, giving him x bonus armour.

Ultimate - Blade Fury: The warrior releases his energy into a fury of destructive power, throwing his weapons everywhere, damaging all nearby enemy units for 1000 damage per hit. x weapons are thrown.

Attributes:
Strength - 20 + 6.00 per level
Agility - 10 + 3.00 per level
Intelligence - 5 + 1.50 per level

Construction Status: COMPLETE!

Druid
Druid Form
Model: Druid of the Claw (Night Elf Form)

Abilities:

Unit Ability - None

Hero Ability 1 - Healing Touch: Instantly heal a targeted friendly non-mechaical unit for x health. (Higher mana cost and cooldown than Priest)

Hero Ability 2 - Starfire: Call forth stars to deal x damage to a targeted enemy.

Hero Ability 3 - Nature's Grasp: Nature is fighting with the Druid giving all attackers a 20% chance to become afflicted by Entangling Roots, causing x damage per second for y seconds.

Ultimate - Bear Form: Transform the Druid into a Bear, removing the ability to hold items, increasing strength and agility, but drastically lowering intellectThe abilities in Bear Form will be level x.

Attributes:
Strength - 8 + 2.50 per level
Agility - 8 + 2.50 per level
Intelligence - 19 + 5.50 per level

Bear Form

Model: Druid of the Claw (Bear Form)

Abilities:

Hero Ability 1 - Bite: Bite an enemy unit, dealing x damage and stunning the target for 1 second.

Hero Ability 2 - Swipe: The Bear is now Swiping his enemy, causing him to deal x% of the original damage to nearby units.

Hero Ability 3 - Animal Hide: The Bear's skin has thickened, reducing all damage taken by x. Damage cannot be reduced below y.

Ultimate - Druid Form: Transform the Bear back into the Druid, gaining the ability to hold items, recalling all previously learnt Druid abilities and setting attributes back to normal.

Attributes:
Strength - 10 + 10.00 per level
Agility - 10 + 10.00 per level
Intelligence - 1 + 1.00 per level

Paladin
Model: Paladin

Abilities:

Unit Ability - Holy Spirits: Nearby friendly melee units gain the power of the holy spirits, causing each attack heal them for 25% of their attack damage.

Hero Ability 1 - Flash Heal: Instantly heal a targeted friendly non-mechaical unit for x health. (High mana cost, and heals less than druid and priest)

Hero Ability 2 - Blessing of Might: The Blessing of Might increase the attack damage of you and your allies by x%.

Hero Ability 3 - Holy Strike: Gives a x% chance to strike with the power of the light, causing y bonus damage, and stunning the target for z seconds.

Ultimate - Divine Shield: Create an impenetrable shield around the Paladin, protecting him from all damage and spells for x seconds.

Attributes:
Strength - 15 + 4.50 per level
Intelligence - 10 + 3.00 per level

Warlock
Model: Necromancer

Abilities:

Unit Ability - Soul Steal: Capture a Restless Soul and store in into a soul gem. This soul gem permanantly gives +5 to all of the hero's stats when used.

Hero Ability 1 - Shadow Bolt: Hurl a bolt of shadow, dealing x damage to the targeted unit.

Hero Ability 2 - Curse of Agony: Curse all units in an area of x for y damage every 2 seconds for z seconds.

Hero Ability 3 - Life Drain: Drain x life from a targeted organic unit every second for y seconds.

Ultimate - Inferno: Summon a powerful infernal with x health and y armour. The infernal deals a-b damage each hit and deals z immolation damage to all nearby enemy units. The infernal lasts for 30 seconds.

Attributes:
Strength - 10 + 3.00 per level
Agility - 7 + 2.10 per level

Intelligence - 18 + 5.40 per level

Priest
Model: Priest

Abilities:

Unit Ability - Divinity: The Priest is such a divine being that 50% of melee damage taken is returned to the attacker.

Hero Ability 1 - Heal: Instantly heal a targeted friendly non-mechaical unit for x health. (Compared to the Druid and the Paladin; least mana cost, quickest cooldown, greatest heal)

Hero Ability 2 - Renew: Renew a targeted unit, causing it to restore x health over y seconds.

Hero Ability 3 - Mind Control: Control the mind of all organic, non-hero enemy units in an area of x for y seconds. Stun all hero-type units in the area for z seconds. After a seconds, the units revert to their rightful owner.

Ultimate - Mind Blast: Attack the mind of the targeted unit, dealing x damage and stunning it for y seconds. A hero will be stunned for z seconds.

Attributes:
Strength - 10 + 3.00 per level

Intelligence - 15 + 4.50 per level

Hunter
The Hunter is currently undergoing reconstruction.

Contruction Status: Incomplete; reconstructing spells.

Shaman
Model: Shaman

Abilities:

Unit Ability - Ghost Wolf: Transforms the Shaman into a Ghost Wolf, giving him an incredible movement speed bonus, permanent invisibility, and increased mana regeneration but no attacks or spells.

Hero Ability 1 - Fire Totem: Summon a Fire Ward with x health. It will deal a - b damage to nearby enemy units.

Hero Ability 2 - Air Blast: Blast enemy units with a gust of Air, giving them a x% chance to miss an attack for y seconds.

Hero Ability 3 - Healing Wave: Create a wave of energy which will bounce through all nearby friendly units, healing x health. Each bonce reducing health healed by y%.

Ultimate - Forked Lightning: Send a deadly fork of lightning through x nearby enemy units, dealing y damage.

Attributes:
Strength - 15 + 5 per level
Agility - 5 + 4.00 per level
Intelligence - 15 + 4.00 per level

Mage
Model: Jaina

Abilities:

Unit Ability - Teleport: Teleport to any previously explored area.

Hero Ability 1 - Frost Blast: Attack enemy units with a powerful blast of frost, dealing x damage to the targeted unit and units around it.

Hero Ability 2 - Frost Nova: Encase all nearby enemies in a block of ice, dealing x damage and stunning them for y seconds.

Hero Ability 3 - Arcane Brilliance: The Mage's knowledge has increased, giving her and her allies x bonus mana regeneration.

Ultimate - Ice Storm: Create an Ice Storm causing x waves. Each wave deals y damage. (Area of Effect spell)

Attributes:
Strength - 5 + 1.50 per level
Agility - 5 + 1.50 per level

Intelligence - 25 + 7.50 per level

Rogue
Model: Custom Model

Abilities:

Unit Ability - Cheap Shot: Gives the Rogue a 10% chance to stun the target for 3 seconds.

Hero Ability 1 - Sinister Strike: Stike a targeted enemy dealing x damage.

Hero Ability 2 - Stealth: Become invisible, and move x% faster for y seconds. Attacking while in Stealth deals z damage.

Hero Ability 3 - Assassin Training: The Rogue's skills have increased, giving him a x% chance to dodge an attack and y% chance to deal z times normal damage.

Ultimate - Poisonous Blades: On each attack, the Rogue poisons his target. This slows their movement and attack speed by x% and deals y damage per second for z seconds.

Attributes:
Strength - 7 + 2.00 per level
Agility - 22 + 6.60 per level
Intellience - 6 + 1.90 per level

Construction Status: Overpower... need to nerf it a bit

Bosses:
This section is currently under construction

Shops (the items that they sell and the effect of the item)
This section is currently under construction

Other:
1) When I finish making this map (if I ever do) then I was thinking of making another map, similar to DotA. However, in Jake's Temple, there will be items and special Heroes that you will be able to unlock to give you an advantage in the other map that I make.
2) Each time you play, different things are changed. New pathways may be opened, revealing new items (or unlockable items or Heroes) you may be able to get through. Some pathways may be longer, or shorter than ones you may have previously gone through.

Progress:
Heroes: 80% (8/9) (and some are a bit overpowered)
Terrain: 10%
Items: 0%
Bosses: 30% (2/6)
Units in Temple: 0%
Player Functions:
Other: 0%

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
This sounds interesting. Perhaps you could make the class names more original. And the terrain could be worked on, too.

PiCkstix

Reaction score
You are able to choose from 9 classes (when I update this page, I'll also show their abilities):
Warrior
Priest
Warlock
Druid
Shaman
Paladin
Rogue
Mage
Hunter

On Friday the 13th (oooo) I will edit this post and make it look nicer.

>Names = *yawn* like vine said, originality
>OMW that is coincidence, I watched Jason, Friday 13th last night, thinking when the next one was... =O

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.