World Japan: Japanese professor pushes for Hide and Seek at the 2020 Olympics

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
The International Olympic Committee is to announce the host city for the XXXII Olympiad at its meeting in Buenos Aires on Saturday, with Tokyo competing with Istanbul and Madrid for the right to host the largest sporting event in the world.

And Hazaki, a graduate of Nippon Sport Science University, believes Tokyo 2020 would be the perfect occasion for the Olympic community to embrace his chosen sport.

"I would like hide-and-seek to be one of the exhibition sports in 2020 and then it could become an official event at subsequent Olympics," Hazaki, a professor of media studies at Josai International University, told The Daily Telegraph.

Prof. Hazaki set up the Japan Hide-and-Seek Promotion Committee in 2010 and the organisation has around 1,000 members across the country. Many are university students, but the sport can be enjoyed by anyone, he emphasises.

"I want to encourage sport for all, meaning that anyone can take part, regardless of age, gender or ability," he said. "When you watch sport now, it's all about world-beating techniques and skills - fantastic dribbling, running or shooting skills in football, for example.

YES! Children can now join the Olympics!!

Last edited by a moderator:

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
We could all use a good laugh at the Olympics every once in a while. I support this.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I call dibs on the invisibility cloak

(or whatever technology the light-bending fabric gets called..)

Nyph

Occasional News Reader
Reaction score
Actually screw hide and seek, give me the invisibility cloak and ima go boxing.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
And where would the competitors hide? Anywhere in the stadium?

mushroom911

I think I should change my avatar
Reaction score
It's a japanland version of hide and seek, they gather naughty school children from across the land, dump them on a deserted island, and if they find each other it's a battle to the death.
Maybe they could make a movie out of it... something starting with battle.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
It's a japanland version of hide and seek, they gather naughty school children from across the land, dump them on a deserted island, and if they find each other it's a battle to the death.
Maybe they could make a movie out of it... something starting with battle.

Hunger Battle Games

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Its sad that they didnt want to film a remake of battle royal because of that hollywood movie.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Its sad that they didnt want to film a remake of battle royal because of that hollywood movie.

Dude, Hollywood remakes have a notoriety of having a bad story plot. Locals here just watch the films for the actions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.