Jass better than triggers ?

Just_kill

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what jass can do better than triggers. ? Why use jass when triggers are easier to make ? :)

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
lol, they are not trigger, but GUI.

Why use jass when triggers are easier to make?
Typing is always faster than clicking. In Jass, you can access all types of thingy and manipulate them more well. You can make fully MUI spells easily. You can achieve less leak in Jass when compared with GUI.

Just_kill

Reaction score
lol, they are not trigger, but GUI.

Why use jass when triggers are easier to make?
Typing is always faster than clicking. In Jass, you can access all types of thingy and manipulate them more well. You can make fully MUI spells easily. You can achieve less leak in Jass when compared with GUI.

Thanks for telling me that :D, but as you probably know that I don't know anything about jass and MUI so its really hard for me to learn xD

LearningCode

Reaction score
I learned about a week or two ago!!!! YAY!!!!
We have teh 1337 tuts on this webz.

Non-idiot version:
We have a tonne of VERY good tutorials on this site, helped me learn JASS when I knew nothing xD
They'll help you, too

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I tried learning JASS with tutorials by myself and I found it quite difficult. So I decided to take a programming class so that I could learn JASS easier :).

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
Triggers != GUI

The correct question here, is "why is Jass better than GUI?"

If your map consists of nothing more than initialization and function calls via timers. You will see triggers in Jass.

GUI is visual/clicks

Jass is text code

Triggers are objects that link functions to game events.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Here;

GUI, what is commonly referred to as "Triggers", is just an easy-to-use interface for JASS. When you save a map, all of the GUI triggers are converted into JASS.
If this doesn't show you why it's better...

JASS allows you to define your own functions, with your own arguements, ifs, loops, etc. This allows you to create things in JASS that just aren't possible in GUI.
JASS also has access to many things not included in GUI.

And finally;
JASS teaches you more about the game. If you were to go up to a random "GUI-er", and ask them what a (WC3) handle was, they would have no clue. A JASSer (if he knows what he's doing) can tell you what it is.
So JASS teaches you more about the way the game runs, what it's capable of, what it's bugs are.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.