Job-Unit System Request

Capndrs

Reaction score
So in my map, I plan on having different skills for different ranks as you level up.
Lvl1-15 You have basic skills that give you a foundation to level up
Lvl15-30 You get new skills
Etc.
Etc.

But as you level up, you also obtain 5 Attribute points that you can distribute however you like.

My struggle:
I need a way to change the unit's abilities without changing its inventory or its attribute points.

SanKakU

Reaction score
can't you just call unit remove ability and add ability functions and set ability level function?

it sounds really easy. i'd be happy to program it for you if you furnish all the details of what you need.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
can't you just call unit remove ability and add ability functions and set ability level function?

The problem with that is if he wants to level up those abilities manually as the hero levels up.

What you could do is make several copies of the unit, and then use the action

Trigger:
  • Unit - replace

The new unit would be the same as the old one, but with new abilities. You could store all of the old unit's data (level, xp, stats, etc.) in a hashtable, and then give that data to the new unit.

SanKakU

Reaction score
The problem with that is if he wants to level up those abilities manually as the hero levels up.

What you could do is make several copies of the unit, and then use the action

Trigger:
  • Unit - replace

The new unit would be the same as the old one, but with new abilities. You could store all of the old unit's data (level, xp, stats, etc.) in a hashtable, and then give that data to the new unit.

what you said makes no sense. and replacing the unit is exactly the kind of thing he wants to avoid. he doesn't want to change the unit attributes and items, which is exactly what replacing the unit would do.

i've seen spells before that try replacing the unit data. maybe there are better ones out there, but the ones i saw lag alot. not really a good plan when altering unit abilities is a lot more lag friendly.

if he wants to set the ability's levels to zero, that's just as easy. in fact, it's less code.

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Use a morphing spell maybe or engineering ability if you want to change the spells numbers (which I am guessing you don't want to). So try using a morphing ability like Bear Form or something.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
I have some ideas for what you might want, but I need more details on what you already have. Or you haven't started it?

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.