Jurassic park : The Hunted

Phoenixman

Reaction score
Hey all :)
Ive started work on a big project called JP: The Hunted.

Summary:
2 Teams, the Hunted and the hunters,

The Hunted
jp2.png

The hunted will be a band of human characters who have been shipwrecked on a uncharted island, they will be able to build and explore. but they are not alone...

The Hunters.

jp3.png

The hunters are 2 human controlled characters selected at the start of the game, depending on that players style, much how the Titan in island defense chooses his prefered Titan to hunt with.
the hunters will be a mix of animals and humans. from single heros, to large armies.
For example, one hunter could choose a Trex (a huge but slow hero, high DPS just bad at chasing.)
while the other could choose a Troll Trapper, a weak in combat hero which has alot of tricks up his green sleaves, such as trip wire traps that damage or stun the player if they run over them as well as pinging the location of the trap set off.
which leads to interesting strategies, like the trapper puts net wiretraps in the most likely exit points around a humans base, while the dino goes in and scares him out, leading him straight into a trap. leading to a very painful demise.

Features: not fixed, but current ideas i like :)

Fishing system- with more risky and open areas giving better fish.

Secret Areas- which require a player to explore, each key zone will have at least one secret to find. ( the areas will have clues given so everyone has a chance to find.)

A good number of Hunters to play- somewhere between 10 and 20 meaning limitless strategy combinations for the humans to avoid.

Hunters Leveling- they will get stronger for each human they have killed, with each human death giving the hunter more options, like the Trapper could get more traps, or he could get a small band of trolls to help him, with each kill giving him more food he can support more men. meaning humans have to work together to not feed.

Different Human types- eg a athlete would be better at running from problems and more stamina etc, while a engineer would have better knowledge of construction so would have better made buildings.

Different playing styles- a player could make a wall and some towers and hide in his base all game if he wants, or he could work on leveling his hero, making him stronger and Evolving him into something....Different.

Evolution system- the games timeline will be each day ingame will equal a year in the life the players. and a life of eating never before seen plants and fish can have an effect on the humans growth,maybe giving them key changes that could help them fight back against the hunters but ill keep this a secret till later.

Weather system- Fog-lowering visiblity for both the hunters and hunted and snow- slowing movement .

Possible features-
Item combining- combining a stick with a rock etc. but im not sure on this system yet.

Save/load bonus- i considered an unlock system, much like the system city of drugs uses. the more games you have played the more you get, this is so that players who are newbies to the map wont choose the hardest possible class and feed the hunters when they get killed.
experience is power etc :)
(any advice on this idea would be appreicated greatly!)

The map
jpmap.png

the map has 4 main areas, a Huge forest to the left, a swamp area, a mountain area, and a city maze.

So what do you guys think sofar?

any feedback is welcome, good or bad.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Wow this looks really cool :eek:

Will you allow players that are Hunters go into 3rd Person? I think it would be awesome to be a T-rex and see it rip apart a Hunted human right in front of your eyes :p

Anyway, good luck with the project!

Phoenixman

Reaction score

asoon as i get ideas for the hunters will have a basic version up :)

i think ill need maybe 4 hunters to choose from to get people into the map :D
then ill slowly add one or 2 a week till we have lots :)

i just need creative skills for the hunters and hunted really, like how can a trex find the humans? hes slow so he needs a way of balancing his speed.
a trex cant use farsight etc :p

im thinking i make the trex really tall xD so he can see over trees :p and that can be his way of finding humans.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
The T-Rex isn't that tall. But, hey, this is Warcraft. Where Paladins have hands bigger than their heads.

Everything sounds nice, except for Save/Load bonuses. I really detest maps that use those. A map should grant equal opportunities for everyone, provided that everyone knows how the game works.

It'd be like if DotA granted bonuses for every game win a player gets, and now they can win more easily with their fancy bonuses, so that they get more bonuses...

Snowball effect.

Phoenixman

Reaction score
i changed the saveload system idea :D
basically the new idea is the harder classes to play require a player whos played a few games, so the save/load saves how many games hes played so when he loads it next time that number determines how hard a class he can play.

like in island defense when a newb would take the satyr. it used to be easy feed for the titan :)

also it encourages people to play more :p

ideas on how i can make a system like this? or anyone who could help?

Phoenixman

Reaction score
nah i prefer the idea of the load code.
then it proves your not a noob :p

the "sat" hero is like the rescue ranger of sheep tag, he will be able to grapple a human and pull him up cliffs to safety, hes hard to catch because of his skills.
but he will require a "pro" to not feed :p

Heres the First Hunter ive done.

The Slaver.

This Hunter is a slow attacking, but high damage Strength melee hero, he is best used against slower running humans as his net can grab a human and drag him back to slaver so he can attack. his high strength gives him a chance to do extra damage. he strikes fear into the humans he chases as noone who gets trapped in his chains lives for long......

slaver.png

Skills:

Vampiric Strike
Gives a 15% chance to deal the Hero's total Strength in extra damage on an attack and regain hit points by a factor of the extra damage.

Level 1 - 1/6 total damage regained.
Level 2 - 1/5 total damage regained.
Level 3 - 1/4 total damage regained.
Level 4 - 1/3 total damage regained.

Slavers Chain

Throws a giant electric chain which grabs nearby unit damaging it and pulling it over to the Slaver, can pull unaware humans over rivers and off cliffs, making any unprepared human an easy target, as the slaver pulls him out of the safety of his base into his very large "friendly" axe :) . 100 damage per level, distance 450 + 150 per level.
( im having a problem with the code on this spell, it can pull buildings with it not just men, ideas? i also want a version of this spell that can be used on friends to pull them to safety. help? :p )

slaverchain.png

Hard Spiked Body(Life Restore passive spell)
Any melee attacks on the hero give 35% of the damage done back to the attacker, melee isnt the way to kill the slaver.... only a fool would try. This also gives high hp regeneration as any attacks on the slaver increase his anger, making him ignore wounds.

Summon Dog Slaves(Search skill)
The slaver has minions who he has captured before has his slaves to use how he wishes, after years of experimenting he has created his perfect slave, which the humans will later call the Dog slave, totally opposite of the slaver, the dog slaves run extremely fast, and act as a scout for the slaver, finding his next victim, they are weak but the slaver doesnt care, hes got hundreds of them at his disposal to summon from his cages.

Ultimate: Fear aura
The sight of the slaver brings fear to any human in the area, lowering the defense of the human and his men as they get closer.....
considering his high damage this weakness he inspires will often prove fatal against any foe.

What do you think? any changes i should make?- also any ideas on fixing the slavers chain spell so it doesnt pull buildings ? :p

jackattacka

Reaction score
Alright, i had a quick test of that slaver hero,:) And its epic, I seriously love that hook,
THIS GAME IS GONNA BE EPIC!:shades::shades:

Phoenixman

Reaction score
:)
just wait till you see the next hunter "The ShapeShifter" who can transform into loads of different forms depending on the situation, like a fast running wolf or a tank Bear, or a swimming naga which is invisible in water ;)
his ulti lets him turn into a human that you cant attack for 20 seconds, until you "realise" hes not real.
also lets him go into small gaps ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.