Just some curiosity questions. :)

P

PeaceKilla

Okay, so I got Outpost firewall a few days ago. Every few minutes, in the attack detection plug-in section, it detects "Connection requests" from an enormous variety of IP addresses.
I got a nifty program a while back called NeoTrace, just to fool around with cause it was kinda cool... I used it to trace some of the IP addresses, and found a few from Germany, one from Spain, another from Korea. o_O
Most are "whois" somethingorother network server thingamajiggers or something, it doesn't trace right to the registrant ever, just the network.

Just curious on what all that means and stuff... and if I could find a way to stop them.. its real annoying. X.x

S

Swilo

It means ISPs are scanning your domain for active users and logging them. You can't stop them from alerting the firewall, even though they're completely harmless.
That's one of the reasons I don't use a firewall.

Kittie_Killer

Reaction score
Originally posted by PeaceKilla
Okay, so I got Outpost firewall a few days ago. Every few minutes, in the attack detection plug-in section, it detects "Connection requests" from an enormous variety of IP addresses.
I got a nifty program a while back called NeoTrace, just to fool around with cause it was kinda cool... I used it to trace some of the IP addresses, and found a few from Germany, one from Spain, another from Korea. o_O
Most are "whois" somethingorother network server thingamajiggers or something, it doesn't trace right to the registrant ever, just the network.

Just curious on what all that means and stuff... and if I could find a way to stop them.. its real annoying. X.x

which ports are they trying to gain access thru ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.