"King of the Hill" style map help!

Z

ZapRowsdower

My brothers and I are trying to make a crossover between a footman wars map and a king of the hill style map. Theres a spot in the middle of the map that you must hold to get points (or countdown to zero...whatever), when the hill is contested then the timer stops for everyone. When theres only one player (or team) on the hill the timer starts again.

Questions are, whats the best way to keep track of the endgame. Should we have a timer counting down or you gain a point for every second.

We've messed with both of these. The timer was way to wonky to work for us...and the lives counting down idea was working, but it wouldnt update the leaderboard for some reason.

So after MUCH talking heres the actual question. Which would be better, a timer or a lives counter. After that Ill pester everyone for help on how to make it work.

Thanks for the help (and putting up with a strange question). If we can get the map working I'll post it here!

-ZR

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
Personally, I think point system would be easier.
Making timer means you have to check if there are units entering, units leaving and units dies.

What you can try:
- A region covering the whole hill area, call "Hill"
- Set an integer variable called "owner"
- Set an array integer variable called "points[]"

Trigger outline:
Code:
E- Periodic event every 1 second game time
C- 
A-
If Condition
  (Number of units in (Units in (Hill))) Equal to 0
Then
   Set owner of Hill = 13
   Skip remaining actions

If Condition 
   (Number of units in (Units in (Hill) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to (Player(owner))))) Equal to 0
Then 
   set points[owner] = points[owner] + 1

If Condition 
   (Number of units in (Units in (Hill) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) equal to (Player(owner))))) Equal to 0
Then 
   Set owner = (Player number of (Owner of (Random unit from (Units in (Hill)))))

Trigger leaks, so if you are using it, make sure you clean it up.

Z

ZapRowsdower

Shyea we messed with the timer as well. It worked OK for the first parts, but then got really wonky. The timer would duplicate itself, start over randomly, and it hated multiplayer. The lives way seemed alot better.

Thanks for the quick response and the Trigger! Ive got 3 of us over here that are going to start working on this ASAP. Thanks again for the quick help!

-ZR

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.