Kingdom Elimination v2.0

M

Morkeliph

Okay, I've reworked the game quite a bit and am posting a new version in this post. I hope you enjoy it.

Download the latest version of Kingdom Elimination here!

Description:
Kingdom Elimination is a 6 player, modified melee map that is somewhat describable as a cross between standard melee, deathmatch, and elimination/defense. Featuring 4 custom races: the Storm Callers, the Wild Earth, Demon Fire, and the Raging Seas, each with a mix of standard and custom units and abilities.

Four new game modes, selectable by dialog at startup by Player 1
- Team Mode: this is the current game mode
- FFA Mode: unallies all players, first individual player to 75 points wins.
- Deathmatch: removes harder creeps and prohibits the training of standard unit producing buildings. Instead of eliminating players by taking out their Altars, players now work only for Hero kills. First individual to 50 points wins.
- Team Deathmatch: same as above except 2 teams of 3 compete to achieve a score of 100 to win.

Objectives:
Lead your team to 150 points by killing enemy Heroes and Altars. Destroying a player's Altar will eliminate them from the game, so defending yours is essential! Points are awarded based on vanquished Hero level and 50 points for eliminating a player.

Income comes somewhat differently in Kingdom Elimination. Gold comes freely at regular intervals, but how much you receive is dependent upon a few factors. First, the amount of lumber you have. The more the better. Second, the amount of unused food you are producing. Once again, more = better. Third, your upkeep status. The more food you are using, the more you pay in both food and lumber upkeep. However, nearby creeps often drop large piles on lumber than can bolster your income.

Tips:
- Conserve lumber! Use the Mercenary Camps to train units that do not cost lumber. This allows you to train units without substantially decreasing your regular income.
- Nearby neutral buildings contain useful items and units that can assist you towards victory. Make particular use of the Mercenary Camps, as they sell units without charging lumber, and stockpiling lumber is key to maintaining a consistent income of gold. Also make good use of the nearby Taverns, which will allow you to exchange gold for lumber or vice versa, buy hero power-ups, or recruit neutral Heroes.
- Offensive tower. Buildings are considerably harder to take out without siege units, and most players do not train any unless they are planning an assault on your base. A well performed offensive towering operation can catch a player well off guard and make them essentially powerless. Of course, a smart player will counter this by always having a few ranged siege units and by watching his borders closely, but the average player isn't very smart.
- Protect your teammates. Scrolls of town portal are fairly cheap and easy to use. If your teammate is under serious attack, town portal in swiftly before he takes too much damage, and always request your teammates to do the same for you. Remember, any Altar lost is one player down on your team and 50 points awarded to the opposing team!
- Attack with your teammates. A very effective strategy is to attack one opponents base with your entire force and force the opposing team to town portal in to the rescue. When this happens, your remaining 2 teammates can attack another player's base with a largely siege army and cause significant damage to their base during the distraction, and they can't town portal back because of the item cooldown!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Tuesday Night!
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.