System Larcenist's Enhanced Experience Trigger

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Cool :thup:

I haven't looked at the code or any of that yet, but after quickly testing the map, I have a suggestion. Maybe you should put the +x bounty text over the dying unit's head instead of the killing unit's? It gets kinda weird if you kill a few units at once...just a large block of yellow :p

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Cool :thup:

I haven't looked at the code or any of that yet, but after quickly testing the map, I have a suggestion. Maybe you should put the +x bounty text over the dying unit's head instead of the killing unit's? It gets kinda weird if you kill a few units at once...just a large block of yellow :p

Oh right, that's what it was supposed to be to begin with :p. Then again I clearly stated that it's not tested at all. Fixed in 2 mins.

Edit: Done.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
- Does not allow bounty to be evenly split among heroes in range.*

* Can be added if wanted.

Do it.

Larcenist

Reaction score
Updated. Changes and/or updates can be found in the main post, bottom section. The major change would be that evenly split experience is now supported.

As for split bounty, I won't add it unless more people feel that it's needed (since I cannot see a real use for it myself, apart from some boss-type unit perhaps).

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
Or if you have 1 tank and a damage dealer maybe? Both players wants the gold in that case.

Btw, get on chat so we can discuss our new awesome system :D

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe you should add an argument for enabling bounty sharing, because I am sure that a lot of people would find that useful.

Larcenist

Reaction score
Bounty sharing as in:

- Does not allow bounty to be evenly split among heroes in range.*

?

If a lot of people seem to find this useful I guess there's nothing too it more than adding. I guess the same functionality as the experience would do? that being:

- Enabling AoE bounty.
- Enabling Bounty Split.
- Enabling custom filter boolexpr for bounty gain.

Edit: Updated to add functionality for bounty AoE/split etc.

Larcenist

Reaction score
Shameless bump. If anyone has some awesome idea that this is missing please do share them since I can't think of anything else to add.

Larcenist

Reaction score
Yet another shameless bump, guess this is so utterly useless that it's to fall into oblivion?

Larcenist

Reaction score
Updated.

Added 2 new global boolean variables, UTILIZE_EXP_FUNCTIONALITY and UTILIZE_BOUNTY_FUNCTIONALITY.

If either is set to false, the system won't disable the exp/bounty gain (depending on which one that's set to false), hence making the regular gain apply. This is to make it possible to use this solely as an experience or bounty system.

Then of course if both globals are set to true, this works just as before.

Larcenist

Reaction score
Bump once again. Still no feedback people? I can't improve it to your liking without knowing what's missing.

kirinelf

Reaction score
This does seem to be a rather interesting system, and useful for those who don't know how the default EXP system works. I'll give it a spin once I get the bugs in my map sorted out and let you know what I think.

Edit: I hope this is simple enough for someone who doesn't understand code like me.

Also, if it wouldn't be too hard to implement, maybe a drop system? A configurable drop rate, plus registering items that a unit might drop upon death?

elpini0

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new user of WE and I don't know how to use JASS. I read an introductory manual explaining the basis of the JASS system, but I find it horribly complex.:nuts:

Isn't there an easier method to change experience bounty?:confused:

Larcenist

Reaction score
The problem would probably be everyone's definitions of "easier". I myself find this method ridicously easy, since it only requires you too add some custom script lines in your map at init or so.

Bounty is calculated in the OE, and uses dices and annoying stuff. They are also static and cannot be modified during the gametime, while this one allows for that.

Expecience itself can also be rather annoying to calculate and keep track of.

As for this system itself, you really do not need any direct knowledge in how to code in JASS, the functions are explained in the function list located in the comment block of the code itself. All you have to do yourself would be to input the correct unit type raw code (ctrl + D in the OE) and add the lines as custom scripts in a trigger ran at map init.

weaaddar

Reaction score
First, use HashTablenatives or Table (which iwll inline to hashtable calls anyway) its 3 times faster then the custom hashing solution from Jesus4lyf.

second, Your code is nearly unreadable. What the hell is this? hash:D.regd I know its valid, but dear god man! I have no idea why Vex made this colon : operator. I'm assuming its to emulate the fact that c lets you do something crazy like 5[p], but because of your naming convention its really confusing. Please use more descriptive names for your variables D is not a good name for anything.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.