General Lawsuit: Homeless get $50 to be beaten on video

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A video company paid homeless men $50 to be filmed while scantily clad women punched, kicked and whipped them, according to a lawsuit filed this month in a Florida court.

Lawyers for two homeless men said the website she fights sells videos on the internet of the so-called "beatdowns," starting at $2.99 for a two-minute "sparring session" clip and increasing in price to $33.99 for a 33 minute clip of two women beating a man.

The lawsuit contends the beatings violate a state hate crimes law that specifically protects the homeless and that the producers are exploiting the poverty of transients for whom any cash is hard to come by.

"What type of society would allow this to happen?" said Neil Chonin, the lawyer for the homeless men. "This company preyed on people who are desperate."

------------------
Seriously though. It was a job. They did not have to take the 50 bucks. Stupid Lawyers.

Last edited:

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I agree. As ridiculously horrible of a person you have to be to think this up and put it into practice in order to make money online, It's still pretty much legit imo. If my friend told me to eat a handful of dirt for $100 and I did... I would want my $100. I wouldn't blame him for making me eat it though.

I suppose you could make the argument that they didn't have the choice of accepting the money considering the only reasonable answer for someone in their situation is "yes"... maybe it's not really as much of a choice as you would think. But still...

Silly hobos!

*edit* wait... who watches this stuff anyways??? $33 to watch someone get beaten for a half hour? Is this fetish or mental preparation to begin killing people?

*double edit* on second thought... prostitution is the same deal... but we protect against that as much as we can for the good of society.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Is this fetish or mental preparation to begin killing people?
It is certainly at least borderline fetish, at the very least it indulges the fantasies of a niche market. It is not, however, "mental preparation" for anything (other than... well... self-indulgence, shall we say).
It might be strange to some people but to those for whom this is a fetish, it is entirely normal. You can't condemn someone just because of their alternative interests. I don't condone exploiting people for their videos however - sure, it was just a job, but when you're desperate for money you'll take almost anything. The website owners almost certainly (well, in my opinion) targetted the homeless community because they would be far easier to "employ".

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
You get whacked for only 50 bucks? Go to Hell man, that's far too little! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.