System Life and Continues System

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Life and Continues System

Hello and welcome. This is my first system so bear with me. I realize it's not the best life/continue system out there. If you've played a maze or an escape you'll know that sometimes you get lives and once your lives are depleted you lose the game. Well, this system is easy to implant into your own map for your players to have lives! The amount of lives is easy to edit. It's just one value you change. The way to gain lives is fairly easy to change. It comes with a trigger that adds lives every time you pick up the item labeled Life or, in the conditions that the Tower Defense life trigger set is enabled, every five levels. When you lose all of your lives it will tell you and you can also force life loss by typing "die". There are a few test functions. To list them they are die, reset, and td. reset will revive your hero and set your lives to 3. td will turn on Tower Defense mode and you have to move up to the top left corner where the lane is. It's fairly tiny but it works :p. You enter and kill as many people as you want. There are 10 levels and I have yet to put in a command to reset the TD levels. It isn't as good as it could be, yet. Once I learn JASS and to make very efficient codes it won't improve unless someone out there decides to update it themselves. All comments are welcome. I really want to get better o_O.

Code:
Init
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of players in (All players controlled by a User player)), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Lives[(Integer A)] = 3

Code:
LoseLife
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of players in (All players controlled by a User player)), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to (Player((Integer A)))
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Lives[(Integer A)] = (Lives[(Integer A)] - 1)
                            If - Conditions
                                Lives[(Integer A)] Less than or equal to 0
                            Then - Actions
                                Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) +  has lost all of his or her lives.)
                                Game - Defeat (Player((Integer A))) with the message: You lost all of you...
                            Else - Actions
                                Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + ('s  + ((Name of (Dying unit)) + ( has died.  + ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + ( now has only  + ((String(Lives[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))])) +  lives left.)))))))
                                Set RevPoint = (Position of (Dying unit))
                                Hero - Instantly revive (Dying unit) at RevPoint, Show revival graphics
                                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_RevPoint)
                    Else - Actions

Code:
Gainlife
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Life
    Actions
        Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
            Loop - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to (Player((Integer A)))
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Lives[(Integer A)] = (Lives[(Integer A)] + 1)
                        Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item))) + ( has gained a life. + ( He now has  + ((String(Lives[(Integer A)])) +  lives.))))
                    Else - Actions

Check the map for more codes.
I've fixed it up a little and changed some code. I'll fix it up tomorrow. I have to sleep for school -_-'

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Doesn't someone want to give me feedback?

Lolzers it's been a while since I been here but another thread brought it back to me :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.