Life steal spell ....

mute

Reaction score
hello ,
how i can do life steal 2% per tick from caster hp .
and didn't stop casting if you move .

so steal 2% hp and you can free to move or use another spell .

TheAbyss

Reaction score
Firstly, you would need to get the intervals set up (could be a simple periodic event that you turn on/off) and then you would need the actual stealing of the life, which would look something like this:
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Set life of (Casting unit) to (life of (Casting unit) + (Max life of (target unit of ability being cast) x 0.02)
    • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (0.02 x (Max life of (Target unit of ability being cast))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Excuse my freehand. You would need to run that at every interval until the spell is over. I'll leave you to figure the rest out. As for the visual effects, I've never been very good with lightning effects...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say, use a dummy unit which casts life steal for the lightning effect and move it periodically to the casters position. keep in mind, the GUI action to move a unit instantly will interrupt channeling spells, however you can set a units X and Y directly with jass which will allow the dummy to keep casting the ability.
i would also use a damage detection system in combination with the dummy caster. whenever a unit is damaged and the damage source is the dummy caster make the target lose 2% of the casters (not the dummys) max hp and make the caster gain 2% of his max hp. obviously the drain mana ability of the dummy shouldnt deal any damage then.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.