Longer Battery Life?

Lizidian

Reaction score
OK, so recently my batterly life for my laptop (ill list specs below) has dropped drastically which isn't normal because I bought this lappy less then a year ago... The average battery life when I bought it was around 6-8 hours... which was awesome... now 8 months later I'm lucky if I can get 20 minutes... I've heard of resetting laptop batteries but Im not sure how to... anyone have any ideas how I could go about this?

Laptop Model: Dell Latitude D410

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Your batteries are hosed... go change it. ;)

I don't see how you can reset Li-Ion cells...

Lizidian

Reaction score
The dell tech support person at my school said it's possible to reset them after a while... it's not ''resetting'' per-say it's just a technique of making them get their max batter life again...

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
When you get a new laptop or something with a battery, make sure you use all of the battery life before recharging it. This will save a huge amount of life in your battery. Make sure you let it run out completely a good couple of times before recharging the battery while its only partial empty.

Lizidian

Reaction score
Um... well my computer was pretty much plugged into a power source for its first 3 months of existence... I guess it got a 'shock' when I got taken to school and barely got plugged in, but I never really let it go desperatly low... GOD DAMNIT! lol... so I'm screwed then eh?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.