Looking for a team for a new ORPG!

killerbf1

Reaction score
Hi there, im looking for a team of map makers to help me with an upcoming ORPG. I haven't thought of a name for it yet, but im working on it!!

About the ORPG:

There will be 9 Class', which are as fallows, along with there skills and primary att.

Swordsmen - Use's the sword, no shield. Wears light to medium armor. Might be able to solo pretty good. Has average hp, low defense, fast attack speed, medium damage, and low mana. Will have 5 skills. Primary stat: Agility

5 Skills:

Slash - Strikes the target with his sword x time's per level of skill doing 20 damage * the level of the skill.

Omni-Strike - Hits the target repeatedly for x amount of seconds per level of skill, doing 50 damage * the level of the skills

Duel Wield - Allows the swordsmen to wield a sword in each hand.

Clash - Forces the target into a one on one duel (will have to figure something out to make the target only target the swordsmen until its dead, and not take any damage besides from the swordsmen. Must also make it so the swordsmen can only target the unit it put into a duel and take damage from only that target. Have fun, Jasser!!)

Quickness - The swordsmen moves with such speed that its attacks are faster. Increases attack speed by 3% per level of skill.

Supreme Finale - Pauses the target for x amount of seconds while the swordsmen builds up energy. When the swordsmen builds up enough energy, he deals 200 * the level of the skill, - half the level of the target.

Mage - Primary spell caster.
Cleric - Primary healer.
Theif - Quick, agile, and nimble.
Shaman - Uses healing magic and nature magic.
Defender - Primary Tank.
Brawler - Unable to use weapons, but makes up for it with high armor and attack.
Slinger - Uses guns to dispose of foes. Can wield two weapons at level one.
Fallen Mage - Uses swords, but implements magic to increase the swords effectiveness and armor effectiveness.

This also implements a system that uses Life Force (lumber) to make it more challangeing. When your Life force wears out, you die. The plant drains Life Force, and so do some skills.

What im looking for.

I need a Jasser, a person to do the terrain, someone to make the spells and effects, someone to make a system for Jobs (I.E. crafting, cooking, fishing, smithing, etc) and recipes for them, someone to test multi-player compatibility, and someone to make items. I will work on the heros, class', and quests, along with the main story line.

I DO PLAN ON FINISHING THIS PROJECT, AND GIVING FULL CREDIT TO THOSE WHO HELP!!! I PLAN ON THIS TAKING 5 MONTHS OR MORE.

IF you are interested, post here please, so that people know what is taken and what isn't... I will send the map to those who join me. Please post or send me a sample of your work for ANY position listed above, except online testing, multi-player testing, and checking for leaks.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
I would help, but i don't have my WC3 up and running yet... so i can't help.

Btw, wrong section.

Should be posted Here

killerbf1

Reaction score
I want to make a SL system... But i have no clue on how to make one... A mod will move this for me.. I have no idea where to put it ^_^

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Try making an SL system with 400 spells, 300 items, all custom, and make it so that people can load their progress, since my systems work as in you do a quest, a spell gets activated.

imo, it's hard.

SpaceBar

Reaction score
Not with this one..all you have to do is add one simple varible for each eveything. Then just copy and then paste 400 times then change them. What 20-30 mins is going to kill you?

killerbf1

Reaction score
Not with this one..all you have to do is add one simple varible for each eveything. Then just copy and then paste 400 times then change them. What 20-30 mins is going to kill you?

This post is NOT to fight or prove a point...

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
it's not that easy if u looked at mine..

Back to the point.. anyone wish to help this guy?

Legacyspy

Reaction score
What have you done so far?
What makes you think you will be able to complete a project of such magnitude?
What sets you apart from the 9000 other people who have decided to start a team to make the best biggest most awesome rpg ever?

You can't even spell "follows".

Why don't you attempt a smaller project first.

killerbf1

Reaction score
What have you done so far?
What makes you think you will be able to complete a project of such magnitude?
What sets you apart from the 9000 other people who have decided to start a team to make the best biggest most awesome rpg ever?

You can't even spell "follows".

Why don't you attempt a smaller project first.

First off, for someone who can't spell "follows" right, at least I can notice when "the best biggest most awesome rpg ever?" is incorrect grammar. Second, I have the time to make a project of such magnitude. Third, I have the time and ability to make something great, like the best, biggest, most awesome RPG ever!!!! (By the way, that's the correct grammar.) This isn't my first project, ok? The last two I had to stop because my terrainer and jasser quit on me, and I couldn't proceed. So far I have made the swordsmen, two items, the triggers for 2 quests, the Life Essence depletion, Life Essence death, and Life Essence potion.

This thread was started for TAKERS ONLY!!! Not people who want to bash on other people. Ok? Thanks.

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
im happy to help you out
what do u need help with

im no jasser soz but i can make MUI GUI spells and so on

killerbf1

Reaction score
Great, got someone for spells. Maybe... Could you maybe upload a sample spell that you have made so I can see your work?

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
While I don't have the time to commit myself to a project, I'd be more than happy to help you with what basic knowledge I have. I'm quite used to GUI triggering, and got a really good imagination and am quite good at problem-solving. So while I can't help you full-time, you could always confront me on msn or the like - even if you're a mid-level mapper, which you seem to be (not a newb but not an AceHeart), you might find my skills useful. If you want contact with me, just drop a PM and I'll give you my msn.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
I'm not posting just to bash on your thread, it's more of an advice...

Why don't YOU upload your work to see if it's worth working on this?

And besides, it seems like you need someone for every job.
What are YOU gonna do, aside from giving out ideas?

Legacyspy

Reaction score
First off, for someone who can't spell "follows" right, at least I can notice when "the best biggest most awesome rpg ever?" is incorrect grammar. ... the best, biggest, most awesome RPG ever!!!! (By the way, that's the correct grammar.) .

That was me mocking 99% of the people who post here saying they will make an awesome rpg. When they do so, they usually say stuff along of the lines of "best biggest most awesome rpg ever made". I should have put it in quotes.

And you didn't have to stop your project because your terrainer and jasser quite on you. If you were truly motivated you would have done:
1. Stepped up and learned jass and how and to terrain well.
or
2. Recruited new people.

Personally, I don't want to work on a project where the leader will just drop everything if he loses 1 or 2 guys.

I also think you are underestimating the difficulty of coordinating a group of people to complete a large project.

Also I agree with bob that you should upload what you've done so we can see how skilled you are, for example you say you have finished the swordsman, this would imply you've also finished his abilities. However you've stated that the jasser will make the clash spell. If you haven't finished the swordsman's abilities it doesn't seem like you've done more than 30 minutes of work.

killerbf1

Reaction score
That was me mocking 99% of the people who post here saying they will make an awesome rpg. When they do so, they usually say stuff along of the lines of "best biggest most awesome rpg ever made". I should have put it in quotes.

And you didn't have to stop your project because your terrainer and jasser quite on you. If you were truly motivated you would have done:
1. Stepped up and learned jass and how and to terrain well.
or
2. Recruited new people.

Personally, I don't want to work on a project where the leader will just drop everything if he loses 1 or 2 guys.

I also think you are underestimating the difficulty of coordinating a group of people to complete a large project.

Also I agree with bob that you should upload what you've done so we can see how skilled you are, for example you say you have finished the swordsman, this would imply you've also finished his abilities. However you've stated that the jasser will make the clash spell. If you haven't finished the swordsman's abilities it doesn't seem like you've done more than 30 minutes of work.

I don't like working on a project that other people have started with me because then I feel as if i must delete there work because to me that's stealing. I've tried to learn JASS but no success. The last map I terrained looked like a 5 year old got on and did it, so no... The only thing im good at is GUI and MUI. Triggers, items, quests, story lines. That's it. When I said I finished the swordsmen, I ment that I have made the swordsmen hero, not his ability's, save a few. Clash and slash are a little beyond my ability at this point in time. I believe that those abilitys require JASS coding, but then again, im not always right. As for uploading my work... Not a chance... I've seen too many maps stolen and finished/redone by people who are better and more experienced. I'm not risking my project to prove that im willing to do this project and to prove that im able to do this project. I know how much work will be involved, and im willing to take that risk. Getting people together to make a map is better then trying to trow together my own map, that I made, and publishing it when it looks like shit. I know my own work, and I know when its bad, and when its great. If I don't like it, no one else will. I'm only asking for a team. Not demanding. Either way, this project will get finished, with or with out a team. With a team, it will take less time... 6 months at the most. Without a team, just me doing it, will take about 2 years because I need to try to learn JASS and try to do my own terrain. But, like I said, IM willing to take the risk and make the map, with or without a team to help me do so. I'm not a quitter, and I never will be.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.